Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: DD lightweight Tarp anyone used one??

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    ..What canvas tarp have you got ash?? That certainly does sound heavy
    Sorry Scott, I don't have one really was just winding Martin up!

I tell you what will cut your weight down easily on Dartmoor mate! Try this saves you carrying that heavy water.

Remember just 500ml of water weighs more than that DD Tarp you were looking at!
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Very true ash. That bottle filter looks interesting

Adrian Rose, of this parish, has reviewed the DD hammocks Superlight range here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaEajqm-058
    “If the apple won't fall - go shake the tree.”
    ― Isaac Newton

Thanks for the link that was a very interesting watch looks to be pretty good quality

Not bad, decent size/weight and price. Still think I would rather have the Warbonnet Superfly though
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Ha! Just been watching the vid on the Dartmoor 10 item challenge again. Man, that was one hell of a pack size, I can see why you want to shrink things down.

Would love to do one of those challenges but wouldn't have a clue where to start on the list of what to take.

I was very foolish on that trip the kit has be reduced already but im slowly getting it lighter.

I think foolish is a bit harsh Scott. Being that the number of items carried was limited anyway, bulk looked like the real issue. I have spent way too long looking at that problem and what gear would help solve it along with the weight aspect. My reasons have always been related to my rather knackered back and having to spend a few days hiking at a time. It can be done without spending a fortune but takes a bit of work.

I think after that trip I took Martin's advice went home and had a look to see what I didn't use then took that into consideration for my next trip. As Ash said in a previous post I was carrying alot of water which really made the difference. Plus that ridiculous sleeping bag which I have since sold. I think I had a fair bit of weight in food as well as I have to have a very strange diet at times. That's one thing I'm working on at the moment.

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Scott, if I remember rightly, you were also carrying a bottle of brandy and a bottle of port??

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.