Thread: Mt Snowdon Trip

Mt Snowdon Trip

Hi fellas,

Harry has finished school now, so we are heading off to Snowdon for four days on Monday for a bit of quality time, before he starts college.
    Has anybody got any recommendations on a base site that will afford the hammocks? I was looking at The CWELLYN ARMS which is near to Snowdon, but doesn't have any trees, so would need to ground dwell.

Any tips on cool things to do or see would be very welcome too chaps!

I really cant wait for this!

Cheers
    Paul
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Climb Tryfan from the north. Happy to provide more advice for this one - you know who to call!

This was fun too --> National White Water Centre/ Canolfan Dŵr Gwyn Genedlaethol

There's a nice cafe (chippy) in Barmouth called the Carousal Cafe but the first "C" fell off

This is nice for walking too -> Rhaeadr Nantcol Waterfalls (plus there's basic camping there).

Enjoy. (I'm jealous!)
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Also Paul, while you're in Snowdonia could you have a look for Mike's (Plus 1's) hat please?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WotNoHAt.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	12294
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Could be there myself in a few weeks time. Would be interested to hear about your trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Climb Tryfan from the north. Happy to provide more advice for this one - you know who to call!

This was fun too --> National White Water Centre/ Canolfan Dŵr Gwyn Genedlaethol

There's a nice cafe (chippy) in Barmouth called the Carousal Cafe but the first "C" fell off

This is nice for walking too -> Rhaeadr Nantcol Waterfalls (plus there's basic camping there).

Enjoy. (I'm jealous!)
    Cheers Matt Rhaeadr Nantcol Waterfalls will be on the list! Looks bloody wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ehecatl View Post
    Also Paul, while you're in Snowdonia could you have a look for Mike's (Plus 1's) hat please?
    I'll look for it matie!

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Could be there myself in a few weeks time. Would be interested to hear about your trip.
    I'll get some pics & vids and put them up, of course Jus!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

If you go via Llanbedr you will notice the Victoria public house on the corner. If the weather is nice, the garden is lovely as a river runs right past it.

Also, don't camp on Shell Island - there's no trees there either!