Thread: Best Budget Lightweight Sleeping Bag

Best Budget Lightweight Sleeping Bag

Hi Guys

Has anyone got any recommendations on Budget lightweight sleeping bags,

I need a couple of new ones for the family but really cant afford to spend a lot

Cheers
    Adrian

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Try Tesco i have used a 2 season for a few years now with no complaints

Quote Originally Posted by Aij29 View Post
    Hi Guys

I need a couple of new ones for the family but really cant afford to spend a lot

Cheers
    Adrian
    That is a very subjective question. What is your budget and what do you see as a lot?

It also depends on what type of bags and what ratings you're looking for.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Quote Originally Posted by Aij29 View Post
    Hi Guys

Cheers
    Adrian
    Depends what you intend doing with them and how far you need to carry them. If you're backpacking you want to go as light as possible which is expensive. We use British Army Arctic bags for colder trips when we're not going too far/high. They are heavy (2.5 Kg) and bulky but very warm - you can pick them up with the compression sacks for around £30 on ebay. The cheapest light(ish) bags are going to be at least double that - Cotswold Outdoor are still selling the Vango Ultralite 240 (1.5 Kg) for £70 (if you're a member of the BMC you can get 15% off that). But if you're only using it in warm weather and volume/weight isn't important then no point in spending that when you can go to Tesco. Hope this helps.......

Aldi's have bags in store at the mo for about £14 .

Trapper
    Go outdoors hi gear £3 from 1st of July !!! not go'na beat that I'm sure

Folks in the States go with the MSS Patrol Bag (the green one) as a 3 season option. Packs down very well, doesn't weigh too much at 2 pounds 5 ounces (just a hair over 1 kilo), and they can be found for less than $25 in good condition. Not sure how shipping would add up for the UK, though...
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    Folks in the States go with the MSS Patrol Bag (the green one) as a 3 season option. Packs down very well, doesn't weigh too much at 2 pounds 5 ounces (just a hair over 1 kilo), and they can be found for less than $25 in good condition. Not sure how shipping would add up for the UK, though...

Soooo jealous of you guys in the USofA, gear just seems so much cheaper there ?

Quote Originally Posted by bopdude View Post
    Soooo jealous of you guys in the USofA, gear just seems so much cheaper there ?
    Well....it depends on what kind of kit you're buying . If you're buying US military surplus gear, it will of course be fairly inexpensive. But if it is shipped from one side of the country to the other, expect to fork over at least $15 more just for shipping. Some mil-surplus outlets overseas charge upwards of $40 for US shipping
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin