Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helle Temagami

Hobo
    It does remind me of a hybrid EKA W11/woody

Interesting; this knife is now available with a carbon steel blade (or has it always been, without me noticing?)

Carbon steel knives from Helle is not a not a common sight these days. Which is a shame really - imho. their laminated carbon steel blades are way superior to their laminated stainless steel ones. I have seen far more Helle stainless steel knives break, than any orher knife brand. I may be a coincidence - but it is what I have experienced.

I have a Helle Viking - one of my favourite knives. I may get the carbon steel Temagami - just because it is another carbon steel Helle.

EDIT 16/08 '12 Now that I own and use several laminated stainless steel knives from Helle, including the Dokka, Symfoni and Temagami, I must say that my above statement stands to be corrected; Helle's laminated stainless steel is any bit as good as their laminated carbon, it is more or less as easy to sharpen, retains an edge equally well - and it is actually less prone to cosmetic damage.
    Last edited by JEEP; 16-08-2012 at 08:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Interesting; this knife is now available with a carbon steel blade (or has it always been, without me noticing?)

I have a Helle Viking - one of my favorite knives.
    The first models of this knife were in laminated carbon steel, I agree with you on the Helle Viking; It is truly a great knife!
    Best Wishes,
    James

"Do not look to the ground for you next step; Greatness lies with those who look to the horizon."

Couldn't resist temptation. I just ordered one

Got it a few minutes ago. I have just unpacked it.

Initial impressions: One heck of a knife! Beautiful - aswell as very businesslike.

I can't wait to give it a good spin this weekend.

Awesome Jakob!!!
    Best Wishes,
    James

"Do not look to the ground for you next step; Greatness lies with those who look to the horizon."

Just treating the handle to a few coats of linseed oil and the scabbard to a good coat of leather grease - while listening to some of Les' music and having a beer after a long workday.

Nice!

Quote Originally Posted by JEEP View Post
    Just treating the handle to a few coats of linseed oil and the scabbard to a good coat of leather grease - while listening to some of Les' music and having a beer after a long workday.

Nice!
    Sounds like a good time!
    Best Wishes,
    James