Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Knife Laws. Could this effect you?

+1 on the kitchen knife thing.

I've used > 3" locking, serrated, one handed operation knives within feet of Police officers...its all about the context, and reasonable purpose..although I did have one issue with an officer who was promptly told to do one by his supervisor...

AJ hit nail on head with transport in vehicles. I transport mine in a locking ammo box in the back of the van...it avoids uncomfortable confrontations..
    [

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Locking them up is not an option, last week the prisons were over loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Valantine View Post
    Locking them up is not an option, last week the prisons were over loaded
    1/3 of the UK prison population are foreign nationals and 1/4 of the remainder are ex service personnel....according to my friend...who works in the Prison Service.

They probably intend to build more private prisons...then if they criminalise even more things its making crime pay...for the government and its sponsors anyway.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    1/3 of the UK prison population are foreign nationals and 1/4 of the remainder are ex service personnel....according to my friend...who works in the Prison Service.

They probably intend to build more private prisons...then if they criminalise even more things its making crime pay...for the government and its sponsors anyway.

Indeed. It's just a modern version of slavery really, considering they use the prisoners to manufacture goods and services etc.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Holy smouldering dragon ashes!
    At least in Connecticut the coppers are much more lenient, unless you're carrying a machete in public. Though I guess this is what will come in the US if firearms become outright banned as some legislators and lobbyists want. Ooops - I hope I didn't just start another wave of gun control rants...I'll shut up now
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post

They're following the proven American model - as private prisons proliferate so have the number of custodial crimes and sentences whilst at the same time, companies outside the actual prison complex get labour for 25 cents/hour:

".....federal prison industry produces 100% of all military helmets, ammunition belts, bullet-proof vests, ID tags, shirts, pants, tents, bags, and canteens. Along with war supplies, prison workers supply 98% of the entire market for equipment assembly services; 93% of paints and paintbrushes; 92% of stove assembly; 46% of body armor; 36% of home appliances; 30% of headphones/microphones/speakers; and 21% of office furniture." (see http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-pri...f-slavery/8289 ).........

Samuel Hearne
    I have carried a penknife for over 35 years that I can remember, also while I was serving I carried a knife in my pocket, and in my webbing or on it was either a sheath knife or a bayonet, I have only ever once been told that I cannot have a knife in my kit and that was by RAF as they said it was not issued and they were going to confiscate it till I pointed out the NSN, if you stay within the law and use common sense you should be ok.

Geez y'all got some screwy laws
    Regarding knife carry. That said I had called the local police station here asked hat legal size was he told me measure across width wise the palm of your hand. Told him type of knife I had cop asked me are you planning to do anything stupid like hold up a bank or store with the knife? I had told him well the thought hadn't crossed my mind I thought the guy was gonna drop the phone he literally busted out laughin said son ya got nothin to worry bout then. As oakandthorn said thankfully they are pretty lenient here in CT. Hell I've gone so far as had an axe or 2 strapped on my pack past a cop or in stores nobody said boo lol
    “I'm not one of those complicated, mixed-up cats. I'm not looking for the secret to life.... I just go on from day to day, taking what comes.” ~Frank Sinatra~

" Nessmuk " says:
    " We do not go to the woods to rough it ; we go to
    smooth it — we get it rough enough in town. But
    let us live the simple, natural life in the woods, and

We had something similar here in Denmark; if you got caught with a locking or fixed blade over 7 cm, you would automatically recieve a six day jail sentence and a fine of D.Kr. 6000. Our ever vigilant police force proceeded by charging a handfull of fishermen, craftsmen, etc.

Fortunally, our supreme court, who are very much against the principle of laws that sentences people to jail pr. default, ruled against this principle - and out politicans voted to change the "go to jail automatically" part of the law. You still get a D.Kr. 6000 fine though.

The law has had absolutely no effect on the amount of stabbings occuring here in Denmark though...