hello,

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	June 6th 1944.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	96.6 KB 
ID:	12190

Regards
    David

We owe everything we have and all that we are to that generation.

Name:	6th june.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	12191
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Name:	WP_20140430_004.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	96.9 KB 
ID:	12192
    * LIFE IS GOOD *

My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Damn shame the sacrifice these brave men and woman made for today's lazy horrible dribble of a society. I remember last year we had some lovely people burning poppies in the town. My granddad would be sick as a dog if he was alive today.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    The problem is that books and TV do not inform todays generation what history has chosen to forget and the reality of war for soldiers and the civilians of all countries.
    My grandfather never spoke of what he went through, it was only after his death that i found his medals, turned out he was in north africa.
    Those that gave/give their lives for the freedom of others should never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Davepr View Post
    Damn shame the sacrifice these brave men and woman made for today's lazy horrible dribble of a society. I remember last year we had some lovely people burning poppies in the town. My granddad would be sick as a dog if he was alive today.
    Thats a miniscule minority bub, the majority are aware and gratefull
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

One of the best gifts I ever received was a copy of my grandfather's book "Bulldozers and Bombers."

Details his experience in WWII with the 805th Aviation Engineering Battalion of the U.S. Army in the Pacific Theater.

I've been hearing on the radio about many of the celebrations going on in Normandy and it's wonderful to hear the younger generations of French who are expressing their thanks for what the Allied soldiers did. They were the greatest generation.
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~

I honour our fallen of two brother wars in the last century.

Let them be the last. Or let our cowards of politicians fight the next one they cause.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Yesterday had me thinking a lot of my time serving.
    That generation had class. There was a story on radio 2 about how some of the wounded being ferried back to England, alongside some German soldiers. They were all together in the same military hospital. Comically enough the tommies on one side if the ward and the jerries in the other. One of the tommies got up out of bed, levelled his walking crutch and made a shooting noise. All the jerries put there hands up shouting Freund!! Then they all fell about laughing and joking Together.
    They were all just ordinary blokes doing as they were told, and making extraordinary sacrifices.
    Many thanks to them all, then and now.
    Winter is coming