Thread: Nice day fishing

Nice day fishing

Had a nice day out fishing with S.W.M.B.O and the runt today. Got a couple of codlings to 10lb and some small coalies. Made a fire and chopped up a codling and boiled it in sea water and ate it with rice on the spot. Just needed to add some pepper and a squeeze of lemon :-) Perfect food, just missed a couple of seagull eggs and a beer :-)

Anyway one codling on my surf rod, with a coalfish as bait, and one on a lead lure on my samon rod. Plus 5-6 coalfish to bring home. That was a nice day. Left the camera at home, but the wife took a couple of pics with her phone I may manage to steal once she puts it on FB...

The runt hada blast of a day. He will be 4 in the autumn, so fishing was very interesting. But he was scared of the fish, ha ha, but once they where pronounced dead he came forth to scrutinize what was in the tummies :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    A nice days fishing T.Y for sharing.
    Regards
    David

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Sounds like a great day out, it's not often we get that size cod off the shore here!

O well done Rune, nowt comes fresher/tastier than just caught
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by luresalive View Post
    Sounds like a great day out, it's not often we get that size cod off the shore here!
    So common here. Normally I'd throw them back in when thay are that small, but the wife is Asian and demanded fish.
    A lot of UK people come up here for deep sea and shore fishing. Unfortunately where I am placed is not a good spot for cod, compared to other places in Troms.
    But we ave a lot of Halibut. A firend of mine almost routinely catches Halibut to 60-70lb from the shore in the middle of the town!

And right at the spot there is a good hotel and couple of pubs. So you could liiterally set up your rods right outside your hotel window :-)
    Off course, this being norway, the hotel would demand everything in your bank + your right arm and your first born son for the privelege of
    sleeping in one of their rooms...
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Yup! That's what happens with a sensible fisheries protection policy. I hope to get out there and try those waters one day. Glad you had a good day and the nipper enjoyed himself.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

My biggest Cod is tiny by comparison, a meager 13.5 pounds caught while on a local boat about 18 months ago. My personal favourites are Ling and Pollack. Much better tasting IMO.

I would have liked to invite you all to come fishing, but the Harstad area is not so good for shore fishing. And my boat is just a small 8 foot SIB :-)
    (Roald Amundsen)

Fishyfolk simple get a bigger boat mate lol no excuse gotta share that adventure with the rest of us. Nar sounds great trip but Where the pics?