Page 51 of 64 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061 ... LastLast

Thread: Picture Of The Day

I didn't want to say anything Humakt, but you've been pretty Generous with your mates hair in that picture😈

Nice work though.

A sedge warbler...

'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Tribesman
    That's a wonderful pic Humakt, perfect setting and lots of detail on the bird.☺
    Nobody wins, unless everybody wins

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    That is another great pic Humakt, how do you even manage to get so close?

Stillness no doubt...
    but do you wear a ghillie suit and sprinkle loads of sunflower seeds around your hideout? 😁
    Or do you pre record and play bird calls when you're out?
    I guess I don't see as much wildlife these days because ive got 2 noisy kids and a crazy dog with me most of the time...

Anyways, great shot!
    👍

lovely photo mate

Me, making the best of a hot, 34 C day here in the Missouri Ozarks...it's a 7.4 mile hike up to the summit of Bell Mtn and back out of the Wilderness area. It's amazing how far you can see from the open, rocky glades. I could spot Buford Mtn some 12 miles to the northeast, and Taum Sauk Mtn about 8.5 miles to the southeast, past the nearby Lindsey Mtn (part of the Bell Mtn Wilderness). Taum Sauk Mtn is the highest peak in the state at 1772 ft/540 m. Bell Mtn is the 8th tallest at 1702 ft/519 m, followed by Lindsey Mtn at 1662 ft/507 m. Buford Mtn is in 5th place at 1740 ft/530 m, part of a conservation area of 3824 acres that is managed by the state (Missouri Dept. of Conservation). All of these peaks are part of the St. Francois Mtn range, which rival the age of the Appalachians.
    Last edited by OakAshandThorn; 18-07-2016 at 08:44 PM. Reason: piccy problem sorted :)
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post

Me, making the best of a hot, 34 C day here in the Missouri Ozarks...it's a 7.4 mile hike up to the summit of Bell Mtn and back out of the Wilderness area. It's amazing how far you can see from the open, rocky glades. I could spot Buford Mtn some 12 miles to the northeast, and Taum Sauk Mtn about 8.5 miles to the southeast, past the nearby Lindsey Mtn (part of the Bell Mtn Wilderness). Taum Sauk Mtn is the highest peak in the state at 1772 ft/540 m. Bell Mtn is the 8th tallest at 1702 ft/519 m, followed by Lindsey Mtn at 1662 ft/507 m. Buford Mtn is in 5th place at 1740 ft/530 m, part of a conservation area of 3824 acres that is managed by the state (Missouri Dept. of Conservation). All of these peaks are part of the St. Francois Mtn range, which rival the age of the Appalachians.
    I went to look at the photos on my mobile phone this morning and after viewing a few (nice pics) I had a "your computer is infected" thing appear. I know better than to respond to these, but with the Google logo at the top, and looking very much like a Google page, I was tempted. I think I'll avoid photobucket for a while.
    The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
    I went to look at the photos on my mobile phone this morning and after viewing a few (nice pics) I had a "your computer is infected" thing appear. I know better than to respond to these, but with the Google logo at the top, and looking very much like a Google page, I was tempted. I think I'll avoid photobucket for a while.
    Malwarebytes scanner will seek and destroy those pesky little viruses.
    But it maybe just an advert disguised as malware.
    Don't click on it, install malwarebytes , scan and get piece of mind.
    Hope it helps Bernie.

Just two photos taken this morning in the Lidl car park.

The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now. - Chinese Proverb

Ah, the poetry of Lidls, perfectly captured...
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/