Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Darn landlords....

Thats great mate, glad your taking proper representation , keep your chins up guys
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

We have to mate. Despite his tactics, I want to make sure we cannot be held as irresponsible or a bad tenants. Trying to keep everyone honest, and more fool me, to help keep HIM honest too.
    Winter is coming

Sorry to hear about all this mess you're going through . My family was thrown out of a trailer park back in '88 because the landlady apparently detested babies (my newly born brother) - the laws were a bit tricky at the time, but we had no idea that what she did was completely illegal. Of course, now she's long gone as well as any hope of a lawsuit.
    I surely hope these morons get the legal pounding they deserve. Give 'em hell
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    Little win for us today. Met with the team from Shelter.
    The contract is invalid, it was not witnessed by a third party. It is also a copy and paste from Google with massive gaps in contractual required specifics. The renewed contract also has NO notes or mention of the alleged arrears. This would be questioned and simply thrown out of any claims court, why would they renew a contract knowing there was arrears and not make any notes regarding the payment of it.
    He cannot just turn up and be like that and Must give notice and Not be aggressive.
    Also. They have Not put our deposit into a bonded account. We can now ask for it back and they Have to refund us it no matter what. If they say no chance, then the lovely lady from Shelter will pursue the refund of three time the deposit, in line with the law.
    So big sigh of relief for a lot of it.
    Now the hunt for a pad is really on!!
    Thank you for your support guys, it has helped
    Brilliant stuff!
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Good for you mate, glad it's looking up!

Make sure when the place is cleaned that you VIDEO a record of it preferably width a date showing on the screen.

Had a couple of ciders. Maybe I'll sleep tonight. Thanks for all your advice and support everyone.
    Winter is coming

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    best of luck with everything

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Make sure when the place is cleaned that you VIDEO a record of it preferably width a date showing on the screen.
    Also preferably by someone else of "standing",who could be called as a witness!!if required.Best of luck.M
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

10 days till we move. No place to go other sofa surfing at her mams yet.
    Viewed a nice place in Mold but they haven't got back to us yet. Fingers crossed too coz it has set the bar high standard wise.
    Best get packing up.
    Winter is coming