Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Darn landlords....

Remember that you have rights too , take out a civil claim against them for breach of contract.
    The landlord has to provide a certain standard of housing if they do not and this causes you or your family distress or illness you would have a case for small claims.
    Write everything down and if they come to the house again record them on your phone overtly so they know they are being recorded.
    Sometimes just the threat of legal action will make them back off a bit .
    oh well try again

Had enough. Our lass feels like our home isn't safe anymore and wants out ASAP. So we're paying them and issuing notice to leave. Told them to speak to us through solicitors for the supposed arrears. They tried to force us to sign a payment plan for them the cheeky so n so's. No chance coz then we admit to it and we stand firm we owe nothing. Sigh. We have our health and the kids will adapt with it all for the next month or two hopefully
    Winter is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    We have our health and the kids will adapt with it all for the next month or two hopefully
    Thats the spirit mate. Health and kids is all you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    We have our health and the kids will adapt with it all for the next month or two hopefully
    Thats the spirit mate. Health and kids is all you need.

1) Change the locks ASAP
    2) See a solicitor/CAB as soon as possible with the incident number and try and give as thorough an account of the incident as possible without elaboration.
    3) Don't let the buggers intimidate you.

This is not only a breach of the peace and an unlawful invasion of your privacy but also a breach of your basic human right to enjoy your place of residence. This is enshrined in statute and these rights are inviolable.

Getting quite annoyed on your behalf now.

Nearly forgot, as has been said keep a diary, record all you can. I have been in your shoes and it's not comfortable but keep yer chin up mate.
    Last edited by rawfish111; 02-06-2014 at 10:12 AM.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Seeing Shelter for advice this pm. Will have issued out notice by the end if the day. Reporting them to the local council office and to the landlords agency. Will be out of here within 2 weeks hopefully so that I can get the tidy up and cleaning done so they can't throw any more charges at us.
    With my axe and knives no readily placed to welcome uninvited entrants, I will have the right to defend my family if I feel threatened and intimidated again.
    Winter is coming

Good for you mate and best of luck
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Thanks everyone. Not taking this on the back foot any longer. Taking this to them head on!!
    Winter is coming

I would dig my heels in even harder after that Mike, They really would have to go to court to get me out after that . But thats me mate I dont like being cajoled by peple like that, let alone threatened but like your misses mine would bring me down from my perch to a different level. The thing is thats what all bullys rely on . I dont think you should pay any disputed monies to them untill your forced to by the authorities, remember possesion is 9 parts of the law. atb, Ken
    Last edited by Rasputin; 02-06-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Little win for us today. Met with the team from Shelter.
    The contract is invalid, it was not witnessed by a third party. It is also a copy and paste from Google with massive gaps in contractual required specifics. The renewed contract also has NO notes or mention of the alleged arrears. This would be questioned and simply thrown out of any claims court, why would they renew a contract knowing there was arrears and not make any notes regarding the payment of it.
    He cannot just turn up and be like that and Must give notice and Not be aggressive.
    Also. They have Not put our deposit into a bonded account. We can now ask for it back and they Have to refund us it no matter what. If they say no chance, then the lovely lady from Shelter will pursue the refund of three time the deposit, in line with the law.
    So big sigh of relief for a lot of it.
    Now the hunt for a pad is really on!!
    Thank you for your support guys, it has helped
    Winter is coming