Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Darn landlords....

Darn landlords....

So we have been given our 1 month notice to vacate from the landlord because we dared to stand up to them and quote section 11 of the tenancy rights to have the house made safe electrically, to have the ages windows replaced and the roof repaired.
    Talk about your all time back fire!!
    So if anyone knows a private landlord with a 3 bed houses available in mold or near around there, please let me know
    I hate our security being in some else hands, time to buy some land and get building!!!!
    Winter is coming

Feel for you mate, I really do.

Beore vacating, find out what your rights are as I'm sure they can't kick you out for that. Even if you refuse to pay rent, there is a set time allowed by the courts before they are legally allowed to boot you out

Phone Shelter for free advice.

http://england.shelter.org.uk/get_ad...dvice_helpline

I thought I was having a bad day today whe the garage called and imformed me that while the car is having a service, it will need disks and pads all round, costing £300.00 on top of the service charge.

Keep us up to date Blood, it can only get better mate.

We've got our lasses mums to doss down in for a while worst cases and after the way the landlords been, we just want out! They refused to give us receipts at first, so we swapped to bank transfer so it was recorded. Now we 'owe' over 2k in arrears?? No chance, never missed a payment, and they claim it's from 2013. They'd have been on out backs if it was that far back.
    have never followed through with the promised repairs and now they're just threatening us constantly with eviction.
    So sod em.
    'Life has no remote control. You have to get off your butt to change it'
    So we will
    Winter is coming

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    'Life has no remote control. You have to get off your butt to change it'
    So we will
    That's the attitude mate, 'head down, keep going'.

Hi mate, very sorry to here of your situation.
    Please empty your inbox mate, you have a pm waiting
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Thanks chubbs
    Winter is coming

Assuming you have a shorthold tenancy agreement, the landlord must give you two months notice from the day of the month you moved in. So if you moved in on say the 6th of the month, the landlord must give you two months notice from the next time the 6th occurs after the notice is served. The landlord does not need any reason to do this! it is their right.
    Regarding supposed rent arrears, you will find the landlord probably won't follow it up as it will cost them more than it is worth.
    Not all landlords are horrible people but it sounds like you would be better off away from this one.
    Good luck with your situation and I hope it will all work out for the better in the long run.
    You were born as an original. Don't die as a copy

Thanks skate. I knew about them not needing a reason and as it is their property they can choose to do so, as is their right. I just wish they had been decent about it all instead of the way they've played it.
    Would you believe we've just had a total stranger at the door saying he's allowed to look around the house coz he might be having it next?!?!? He was ceremoniously told which way to go.
    Winter is coming

The landlord must give at least 24 hours notice for him or anyone else to enter the property!
    Paying rent is dead money and no use to you in the long run.
    Time for some big decisions I guess
    You were born as an original. Don't die as a copy

We know but haven't got the Capitol to buy and us both being self employed really shortens our chances. Time for that self build I've been dreaming of to get under way
    Winter is coming