Page 1 of 16 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Next cornwall meet.....any ideas on dates!?

Next cornwall meet.....any ideas on dates!?

Hiya,

Seeing as the last meet was a great success and everyone had a good time (especially when the tarp decided to dump a load of water down my neck.....) I think it's time to start planning the next one! Location will prob be woodland valley farm again as other permissions are a little lacking at the moment! (Watch this space though). Most probably an overnighter on a Saturday, I could also do a Friday night too if anyone else is up for it? So, anyone have any preference to dates?

Tramp
    Hi Big T - Is that near Ladcock? I have no preference on dates as I need to juggle child care into the equation too. See when big sis can look after little sis! Does anyone ever take their kids/dogs along by the way? I have never been to a BC group meet before so totally green! Do you bring food to share etc.? Looking forward to it!
    ~ Nature is my religion and the earth is my temple ~

Hiya Julz! Yeah, its just outside Ladock! They have a website with directions etc but don't say much about the bushcraft side of things. Dogs and kids are fine, we are a well behaved bunch (well until the kids are in bed....Lol!) We basically have a fire to cook on and socialize around, a few sneaky beers if you want (or whatever's your poison!) We usually do a communal meal, something like stew or chilli etc if you like that kind of thing or your welcome to cook for yourself. Woodland Valley is suitable for both hammocks or ground dwelling. If you need to borrow any kit then let us know, we have enough between us to equip a small army! Anything else you are unsure about then give me a shout!

Tramp
    Great thanks Big T! About 3 hour drive so that's doable... I will aim to escape for some grown up time, but it's good to know that I could bring along my dog Frodo and/or 10 yr old if pushed! I have my own kit/tent no worries, been looking into getting a hammock as they seem gentler on the back! Great! Thanks for all that

Hi Julz

Woodland Valley is great for a camp. Its very basic, no mod cons apart from a long drop or composting toilet, but its a great atmosphere when there is a crowd. Chris Jones the Farmer, is a top guy You can buy his homemade bacon and sausages from his house and he only charges a fiver a night each to camp.

There is a pond down the bottom of the valley in the woods but it can get pretty muddy, as we found out last weekend !!.

It will be great to meet you both.

Tramp
    Thank you Chubbs, it sounds idyllic, and there's even a toilet!! I am used to camping out - can't get my head around calling it "wild camping" - but that's what they call it these days. Lived in Shetland for many years and you can pretty much camp anywhere - so I am well used to leaving mod cons at home. I avoid camp sites whenever possible though have only camped in the Lakes off-site in England. I am really looking forward to this!

Quote Originally Posted by Julz View Post
    I am really looking forward to this!
    That's good to hear.

I might bring along one of the kids as well. It will more than likely be my daughter as she loves been out with her dad. To be truthful, I can't go very far without her !!.

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    That's good to hear.

I might bring along one of the kids as well. It will more than likely be my daughter as she loves been out with her dad. To be truthful, I can't go very far without her !!.
    That's right mate, if she weren't there who would tie your shoelaces for you! Lol!

I'm up for it depending on dates.
    You were born as an original. Don't die as a copy

Cool. So anyone have any dates in mind!?