Thread: Message to Admin folks......Forgotten Password

Message to Admin folks......Forgotten Password

I normally use Tapatalk to access the forum so my password is registered in that app (hence this post).

I tried to login on the website earlier and apparently the password I recorded isn't correct. I used the website Home page, clicked "Forgotten Password" but received no email. I also clicked "Forgotten Username" and received an email immediately.

So it looks like "Forgotten password" email sender isn't working right.

Its not a big problem, as I can still get on the forum via Tapatalk, but I thought someone should know.

Thanks, I know its a thankless task. I appreciate the help.

AJ, send a message to Ashley Cawley directly. I would send this on but currently playing Scout Leader a couple of hundred miles from home and can't do such things easily on my phone.

Cheers, I'll double check that's its still happening and then fire off a PM. Good luck with the little darlings.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ View Post
    I normally use Tapatalk to access the forum so my password is registered in that app (hence this post).

I tried to login on the website earlier and apparently the password I recorded isn't correct. I used the website Home page, clicked "Forgotten Password" but received no email. I also clicked "Forgotten Username" and received an email immediately.

So it looks like "Forgotten password" email sender isn't working right.

Its not a big problem, as I can still get on the forum via Tapatalk, but I thought someone should know.

Thanks, I know its a thankless task. I appreciate the help.
    It's most likely that the password reminder email has been filtered by your spam/junk filter so doesnt display in your inbox.

Go into your email client or web page and check your spam/junk box see if the email is in there instead. Also to make sure you receive future emails correctly add the sender to contacts or use whitelist option if it's available.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Thanks ADz, I've check the Junk (and other folders and no luck). I've since put the forum email on my white list as well. Some things have occurred to me. When I click the "forgotten password" it does not ask me who I am or what email I log in as, before it tells me its sent an email to me. I also meant to let you know that I'm using a Nexus 7 tablet running Android 4.2.2. I use UC Browser in Desktop and Tablet mode and I've tried Chrome browser as well, so maybe its an Android thing. Thanks again.

Sorted. Thanks everyone!