Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The island with bear!

Quote Originally Posted by Humakt View Post
    Personally I don't like reality TV so have avoided it.
    Snap.....I derive no pleasure from watching people ridicule and prostitute themselves, neither do I subscribe to TV's skewed view of the real world for 'entertainment'
    [

I wonder how many people who don't watch the Island will be watching Big Brother? I know Bears programs are all a bit fake, out of context but I still like them, its entertainment on TV at the end of the day. Its not real and I moan about it, I'd still rather watch it than Big Brother though.

Now there's another perfect example of people prostituting themselves for 15 minutes if infamy.....never watched an episode or any of its spin offs, or these so called talent shows
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    I wonder how many people who don't watch the Island will be watching Big Brother?
    What, generally, or just amongst the users of this forum?
    If the former, then I imagine quite a few, judging by the viewing figures for both programmes (Big Brother draws a greater audience than The Island).
    If you mean just amongst this forum then I would imagine very few - if someone here is not going to watch The Island then what makes you think they're likely to watch Big Brother?
    I don't watch either.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

The comment wan't aimed at anyone specific, my point was that, if people who don't watch the Island whether they watch other rubbish like BB? The TV seems to constantly have pointless tallent shows and reality shows, just curious as to if people watch them? I don't watch these other programs but I chose to watch the Island as its in my general interest, and yes I know its faked and I can live with it.
    I wonder if any of Ed Staffords programs are fake? I've not seen anything that says they are but I bet there must be some elements that are set up?
    Last edited by Stamp; 29-05-2014 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
    The comment wan't aimed at anyone specific, my point was that, if people who don't watch the Island whether they watch other S**T like BB? The TV seems to constantly have pointless tallent shows and reality shows, just curious as to if people watch them? I don't watch these other programs but I chose to watch the Island as its in my general interest, and yes I know its faked and I can live with it.
    I wonder if any of Ed Staffords programs are fake? I've not seen anything that says they are but I bet there must be some elements that are set up?
    Right.
    Well, I'd doubt many members on this forum watch those programmes you mention by their own choice (of course, if they watch them because a spouse wants to watch them is a different matter). Bushcrafters seem to me a very conservative bunch (note the small 'c', not being political) - as a generalisation I hasten to add - so I doubt they'd embrace such 'contemporary' viewing and phenomena. I stand to be corrected though. If there is a bunch of hard-core Celebrity Come Ice Dancing In The Jungle with Talent viewers on here then they should be proud and make themselves known!
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

I think you're probably right. On some forums the smell of wet Tweed is almost overpowering, I keep expecting a signature like "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells". lol. Am I a hard core reality fan? No. I watch Strictly with my wife, as its basically a modern day variety programme (although there are cringeworthy bits (but that's British Variety!)), and I started to watch The Voice this year (another Beeb prog) and found it enjoyable for two reasons, there's no nastiness or humiliation in the programme and everyone is supportive of each other, and most of the contestants have good voices. That's three reasons. OK, there are three reasons why... lol..

All the time people keep watching rubbish we will continue to get rubbish programming foisted upon us.
    I am in a similar camp as Sapper and Humakt and if I lived there I would definitely sign off as "disgusted of Tonbridge Wells" on many of the tv offerings.
    Thankfully I don't watch the stuff that might entice me to vent my spleen.
    Rob.

Was that an attempt to correct my spelling or just a spell check error?

Samuel Hearne
    I will admit that the Mrs and me watch Bear Grylls and SWMBO is good at spotting things like when he has a hair cut whilst in the forest miles from anywhere, but we watch it for the entertainment value.