Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: The island with bear!

The island with bear!

Any one watching it? Man it's a good watch but feel like giving a few them a good smack round the chops. Am not pro but so many things have drove me mad watching this. Its entertainment so I guess there has to be some of the bull.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    If it involves Bear it is purely entertainment and yes I would love to smack them round the head with a heavy log

Never loved bear to be honest am more of a Ed Stafford man, that man is just incredible. Can watch Staffords tvs shows for days.

Quote Originally Posted by Davepr View Post
    Any one watching it? Man it's a good watch but feel like giving a few them a good smack round the chops. Am not pro but so many things have drove me mad watching this. Its entertainment so I guess there has to be some of the bull.
    It's all fake, scripted and misleading like all of his shows have been. The show has been exposed already just like his others were.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/i...s-show-3548495
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Quote Originally Posted by ADz View Post
    It's all fake, scripted and misleading like all of his shows have been. The show has been exposed already just like his others were.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/i...s-show-3548495
    And you actually believe something a tabloid publishes?!?

The papers can print whatever they think sells a story and I never even bother giving them a passing thought. The show is entertainment people and is not supposed to be anything else. It's a matter of choice on what you watch, I personally would rather shoot myself in the head than watch that trife they call Eastenders or Coronation Street. At least there is some entertainment value in the show even if it is to pick faults and be an armchair expert for a while.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post

The papers can print whatever they think sells a story and I never even bother giving them a passing thought. The show is entertainment people and is not supposed to be anything else. It's a matter of choice on what you watch, I personally would rather shoot myself in the head than watch that trife they call Eastenders or Coronation Street. At least there is some entertainment value in the show even if it is to pick faults and be an armchair expert for a while.

My kids ( 6 & 9) are inspired by a lot of things like Flo's vice ( http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...418#post114418 ), Ed Stafford and Bear Grylls. Frankly, I'm just pleased when they're watching and taking cues from any of that rather than most of the stuff available to them. As for Bear Grylls, I really don't see the need for authenticity policing of a TV programme - by definition, it's TV - not reality - and if I need a reality check the last place I'll look is in the tabloids (or the broadsheets for that matter......

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Generally no, but yes if there are other sources that can back it up. For example it is widely known that the Man vs Wild series was full of very misleading and fake scenes. They even publicly admitted it and apologized, the series was axed and discovery channel heavily edited the fake scenes out etc.

Yes it's "entertainment" but that is irelevant to purposely misleading viewers.

Here is just one of the many examples..
    Last edited by ADz; 28-05-2014 at 01:21 AM.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

I have a feeling of deja vu.

Personally I don't like reality TV so have avoided it.
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/