Thread: Boker knives!?

Boker knives!?

Hiya,

I just had an impulse buy! Was in my local Gunsmiths and saw a nice looking knife. It's made by "Boker", I have never heard of them before but after a quick look over it I decided it was worth a punt for £25! It's 440 stainless, full tang and has some nice quince wood handles and a nice leather sheets. Will post a link, just wondered if anyone else has one of any experience of them?

http://www.moonrakerknives.co.uk/bokermagnumh.html

I have the one at the top, the "elk Hunter".

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    nice looking knife

Nice one T, I thought I was the only Boker fan ! Ive got few Bokers, originally made in Solingen, Germany for 3 -400 years and the non Magnums still are, but as is the way of the world now the Magnum range are made in China and Brazil, but the quality is very good, I love my Bokers
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Hey, as a german born very close to Solingen so Böker is a very known brand. You can buy quite some good knives but you'll have to chose wisely as you can be disappointed. I bought a classical kinda trapper style knive with olive scales limited edition and all for my wedding. After one day of carrying the logo had droped out of the scales, the scales had developed a gap towards the bolsters and the slipjoint backfeather had already gotten a spell of rust. Brought it back to the shop and exchanged it for a small Otter Mercator and a Böker Centofante tribute. The Centofante is nice except for a little side to side play of the blade.

I am although extremely content with böker's Exskelibur II. Very nice knife I own with Micarta scales and have given it to my father in law as a Exskelimoor II with Mooroak scales which he proudly carries around all day.

I'd buy Bökers in a real shop not online. If you have any troubles you can directly reclaim your funds.

I have to admit that my experience with böker is mostly with folding knives.

Cheers for the replies! It seems like a solid knife, could do with the edge sharpening a little but pleased with it so far. Will use it in anger at the weekend so will see how it performs!