Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Got stoves?

The Providus+ multifuel burner has now been redrawn from the Danish market, untill the problem with the fuel bottle cap is solved.
    Last edited by JEEP; 15-02-2011 at 07:27 AM.

they hardly look used lol, I can never get my stoves and pots looking that shiny, no matter how hard i scrub. Nice kit there, looking into getting a remote canister or petrol stove, but don't want to spend a fortune. Any suggestions Jakob?
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Got myself one of these a couple of years ago. Multifuel Stove.

I was sceptical at the time, especially as they were a lot cheaper then, but it's a brilliant little stove, runs on unleaded fuel amonst loads of other stuff and packs down pretty small.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Wow, thanks martin, I shall go peruse the item, Is it shiny, I hope it's shiny lol

yes, I saw that when I was looking before, and like you said I was sceptical when I saw it, but if you have used it and found it to be fine I may give it a go, Thanks again mate.

Adam

Martin's stove is a copy of the Optimus NOVA. From the photos it looks to be an allright copy - but, as always when dealing with a device that runs on pressurised highly flammable liquids: Go for the big brands! The main fault of cheaper multifuel burners are often leaks where the different parts are joined, a lit stove with a leaking fuel supply is potentially very dangerous.

Even the big brands make faulty burners from time to time though; last year, Optimus had to recall more than a year's production of NOVA and NOVA+ stoves due to faulty o-rings. I got mine just after they opened up for sale again, mine had a sticker saying that it had gone through secondary inspection and replacement of the o-rings.

top reviews jacob
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    I understand what you're saying Jakob and, like I said, I was sceptical, but I've really not had any problems with this stove. In fact, due to my ignorance of using this type of stove, when I first got it I pumped it up turned it up to maximum and tried to light it. Now, this resulted in a sort of fire ball which wouldn't have been so bad but I was trying it out in my garage at home. This also resulted in my damaging the fuel hose because it caught fire but a quick email to the seller saw them send me a replacement hose within a few days, free of charge, from Hong Kong. You've just got to love those Chinese guys, great cooks and very generous.

Once I learned my lesson (the house is still intact) I made sure I primed it properly and since then I've not had a minute's trouble with the stove. It's very reliable and easy to use, although it is a bit noisy when it's running.

Anyway, maybe I've been lucky but I can vouch for my copy and for the seller who gave me very good service.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Maybe a daft question here and maybe I need to go and try it but has anyone ever put petrol in a Triangia Meths Burner if so what happend?
    If not will I be the first if Iam I will let yous know if it blows or not.

Ben
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

Quote Originally Posted by bencasey2001 View Post
    Maybe a daft question here and maybe I need to go and try it but has anyone ever put petrol in a Triangia Meths Burner if so what happend?
    If not will I be the first if Iam I will let yous know if it blows or not.

Ben
    'wooomph' is the description you'll be looking for later.

http://www.trangia.se/english/3652.d...s_for_use.html

...get the list of fuels.

Steve
    Last edited by Fletching; 12-03-2011 at 11:54 AM.