Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stripper

Stripper

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	th.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	26.2 KB 
ID:	12113When I was about 13, ( yeh I know can I remember that far back ) I had a canvas on wood canoe, and for quite a while now Ive thought of getting another and combining it with camping !. But me being me decided to build one rather than buy and me being me decided not to go the easy route of ply but to go the longer and more expensive way of strip cedar, known as strippers. Anyway started to loft the plans today and I dont know how long its going to take to finish with bringing the catamaran round the coast and everything else going on but I will keep you updated as I progress
    Last edited by Rasputin; 13-05-2014 at 10:54 PM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Excellent that should keep you busy for a while. One of the lads from the canoe club builds his own too. Great to watch these coming together & to know that it can be repaired by the owner in the event of little scrapes etc..
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by David_JAFO View Post
    hello,
    Excellent that should keep you busy for a while. One of the lads from the canoe club builds his own too. Great to watch these coming together & to know that it can be repaired by the owner in the event of little scrapes etc..
    Regards
    David

Ime busy enough at the moment David, dont know why I take on extra work for myself lol, they reckon 150 - 300 hrs build time depending on your proficiency,so 1000 hrs for me lol, actually Ime a fair chippy as it happens ATB, Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Pretty, best of luck, will you be posting progress pic's

will you be posting progress pic's
    Most definitely but only after the strongback, formers and stem molds are made, Ime sure no one want to see a jig being made
    Last edited by Rasputin; 14-05-2014 at 01:51 PM.

That is awesome . And it's something very few people do anymore....most take the easy route of going to an outdoor shop and buying one.
    Can't wait for those pics
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

Quote Originally Posted by OakAshandThorn View Post
    That is awesome . And it's something very few people do anymore....most take the easy route of going to an outdoor shop and buying one.
    Can't wait for those pics
    They are awesome, a piece of furniture to sail in as someone once said. I did consider taking the outdoor shop approach but if I can make it I usually do, you can buy strippers but they sell for around £3500. Materials will cost around £ 1000 so big saving and being retired got time to do it, ATB. Ken

what a let down when i clicked on the thread entitled "strippers"
    joking aside i cant wait to see this being made,its something my dad always wanted to do..good luck..atb kev

Quote Originally Posted by headshot View Post
    joking aside i cant wait to see this being made,its something my dad always wanted to do..good luck..atb kev
    Beat me to it kev...lol.I polished my glasses too,neverthelees,she's got sleek lines,N it'll be interesting seeing "her" getting dressed up!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Quote Originally Posted by headshot View Post
    Yeh I thought that might get some attention,lol