Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Essex&Kent Breakfast Club Meet(spring)

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    We could always do a stealth camp. A local wood to me is part of a large agricultural estate. Half a KM off the road and in the middle of nowhere. The farm tenant gives not one shite. Had loads of nights with the kids and never been disturbed. M@ has spent a night over there too, as I remember, trollyed and slept inside a.... M@?
    It was a denehole and I wasn't trollyed, merely "socially confused"!
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Stealth camp sound good to me, should be moving next weekend with any luck so any time after that

Quote Originally Posted by simonkent View Post
    How about www.badgellswoodcamping.co.uk, its this side of the water in kent, open fires allowed and plenty of trees to hang from.
    I think you have to purchase fire wood from site, which does not bother me tbh.
    Great bit of land for a wander round as well.
    I could also probably sort my mates land out, but parking is not great and you have to share the woods with his tanks etc...
    OK guys hope everyones good.In the next 2or3 weeks me and Dave are going to book 1or2 knights over the woods that Simonkent has put on this post,if anyone is intrested PM me,I'm going over there to have a look first its £12-50pp-pn,see you all sone I hope............Tony.........Dont get eaten by the bears.

Well Mike (aka PlusOne) will be able to walk there. Ha!

I wild camped in White Horse wood during a hike once, its a couple of woods west, all coppice though.
    Count me in
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Did you recce Badgells Wood on Saturday Tony?
    One of my lads at work was there. He said its all coppice with an adults area and a family area, he said you could still hear the kids all night.
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

No I didn't get over there,to Mutch to do and I can't get over this week end got to go see a new house,my ones just gone on the market

Hobo
    ive been to badgells wood gd site can easy get cars on & off site you need to take your own water & buy fire wood as they don't like it being taken from the woods there is a adult bit & there's composting toilets showers & wash area all off grid ( no drinking water ) a gd site had a British bushcraft meet there they have a parachute up for there courses & mega rope swings meant for kids ( us big kids lol ) will sort out & add some pics tomorrow

Samuel Hearne
    I would like to get out and hang my hammock.

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    I would like to get out and hang my hammock.
    I'll publish some dates in the near future for a Yalding meet as I know some of you were wanting to use your air weapons.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Nice one M@