Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ways of charging those gadgets.

Ways of charging those gadgets.

Well, love them or hate them, gadgets are part of our lives unless you really do your best to stay away from them. A recent thread quizzed you on the number of battery operated devices that you use, and there are quite a few, and if you are anything like me then you try to make sure that they all use the same size battery which makes carrying spares a lot simpler.

There are a few gadgets, however, that don't allow you to easily change a battery with the very common iPhone being one. In this situation what devices would you recommend for remote charging when away from the socket outlets for a week long outing?

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    Well, love them or hate them, gadgets are part of our lives unless you really do your best to stay away from them. A recent thread quizzed you on the number of battery operated devices that you use, and there are quite a few, and if you are anything like me then you try to make sure that they all use the same size battery which makes carrying spares a lot simpler.

There are a few gadgets, however, that don't allow you to easily change a battery with the very common iPhone being one. In this situation what devices would you recommend for remote charging when away from the socket outlets for a week long outing?

Answer is simple, first and foremost don't use a lame iDevice (sorry iphone users). If you do use an iPhone then you can use something like an external battery which slides onto back of iphone and gives you an extra battery's worth of juice. For any other devices that have removable battery you can simply take spare batteries with you or alternatively an extended battery that holds more charge then standard.

For mobile charging ability you can use a USB power bank. There is plenty to choose from and various mAh capacities.

The USB power banks I have are PowerSeed and New trent and another one I cant remember name of.
    Last edited by ADz; 05-05-2014 at 10:23 PM.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

Richard
    South Wales UK

I got one of those power banks off ebay too. Works wonders. Charging both my phone and my goPro cam. from it.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    I was looking at these - multi use - and emergency phone charger(as you will never fully charge a mobile)
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3607007673...84.m1423.l2649

Quote Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
    looks like a clone of the Powerseed I have, Wouldnt surprise me if the 50kmAh was inaccurate (The clones tend to have sand bags inside) but will still do the job.
    "Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes; after that, who cares?! He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!​​"

No sandbags, I think the actual capacity is nearer 40,000mAh but I can keep two smart phones and a tablet charged on a three night and there is still power left over. Well worth getting, I've got two now.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B009...AC_SX110_SY165

I use one of these and get about 2 1/2 full charges on my phone. Haven't tried charging much else but it works pretty well.

anybody tried one of these
    http://www.biolitestove.com/campstov...ew/tech-specs/

our local agricultural store sells them

I got the easyacc 12000 which although a little bit heavy is built like a tank and charges my nexus 4 about 5 - 6 times from fully charged. Comes with all the usual attachments and i'm very happy with it for £25 postage included. http://www.amazon.co.uk/EasyAcc-1200...=easyacc+12000
    If there are no women around and a man says something, is he still wrong?