Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ch 5

ch 5

So who's tuning in to The Island with Bear Grylls? Whoops ch 4
    Last edited by Rasputin; 05-05-2014 at 09:15 PM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Not many people as it's on channel 4!

Samuel Hearne
    Have just watched the last part of it, so have put it on to record on channel 4+1 so can watch it later.

A couple of them were wearing glasses and they had brilliant sunshine! could have started a fire in minutes with no effort.

Also, why did everybody just sit around waiting for the fire to get lit? They didn't even start thinking about food until nearly the end of the day!

24 hrs after landing.. No fire no water and most of them are lying around on the beach like its going to come to them, der wake up and smell the coffee. Unbelievable ! Apparently they all had a 1 day survival training course ?
    Last edited by Rasputin; 05-05-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

I watched it all,not impressed. Wondering how far away the stocked up fridge was.

Swimming in the sea while thirsty ??. Getting a tan on the beach while its 35 degrees without a drink ??.

Trapper
    Had to post something about this in another group, yes, absolute bunch of so and so's, but guys.. 1 day of training!! We do that stuff for fun! Any of you had a punt at neurology recently?! Defo not defending them but let's judge on week 2 or 3!!
    failing to prepare = preparing to fail

Pray not for a lighter load, but for a stronger back.

i dident see it,doesent appeal to me looking at the trailer but i have been watching marooned and naked with ed stafford,no camera crew just him and a camera,its on discovery i think and is very watchable ,you see all the emotions,highs and lows from his water supply failing to finding the correct wood for his fire drill and getting that first flame

Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Apparently they all had a 1 day survival training course ?
    With whom though?

I rest my case,
    so glad I didn't bother watching.

Rob.

I watched 'The Crimson Field' on catch up instead.....

It wouldn't surprise me if that was exactly what the production team wanted folks to think. To get folks to tell mate to watch. That is after all what telly is about generally..viewing figures so they can sell advertising.
    [