Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FREE Rabbit Hunting St Austell, Cornwall

I'm thinking the land has all ready been cleared for firearms so they would not have too be checked out

Wanderer
    I find that land owners are more willing to allow you onto their land with an air rifle than a rimfire particularly if you offer to clear rats grey squirrels and feral pigeons as well. You can move up to a rimmy at a later time when they know and trust you.It is also a big help towards getting permission if you are insured, easily done by joining BASC.

Think you may be right

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi I am travelling to Cornwall this week for one week is there any shooting still available with Amy airrifle??? Thanks Simon.

I'm shooting.17 HMR im willing to shoot for you if you would give signed permission and the land has been cleared for Rimfire. How many acres are we talking?

Wanderer
    .17HMR is a great calibre but I find it a bit destructive if you intend to eat the rabbits so head shots only are the order of the day. I just got 2 new permissions the land owners approached me
    and asked if I could get rid of the rabbits on their land.They were impressed by my Daystate .177 and by the fact that I and my mate both have insurance.So looks like some work to be done.
    Maybe I will use the rimfire later when I have better assessed the land.

Alone in the Wilderness

yes please!

Quote Originally Posted by CornishCrumpet View Post
    Have approx. 3 acres of land near St Austell, Cornwall with around 20+ confirmed rabbit sightings of varying sizes.

Would give permission/access for someone responsible to come on the land and hunt for a weekend to control the population and take away some free meat etc. Happy for you to use any legal method to hunt, although ferreting/traps/snares/air rifle would be preferred to avoid annoying neighbouring land owners.

Also if no takers then I wouldn't mind learning some advice on techniques myself as I have tried a live trap but I've never caught anything in it. I don't know if I'm using it the wrong way or if I'm not using tried and tested baits, I guess why come in the confines of the trap for some bits of carrot/apple when they can have free run of the grass...

Thanks
    I go bunny hunting every weekend and I would be more than happy to come down and take a few out for you. I have two air rifles, a Daystate Wolverine and a weihrauch 100hw with infrared nite sights to which I'm sure you would enjoy playing with. Both rifles have silencers fitted to no one would even know I'm there, not even the bunnys! Just let me know when and I will pop down!
    Regards
    Alan

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi all I would like to offer my services for vermin control in cornwall i have been shooting for 30+ years and my college has the same as me. I am ex Royal Marine and was a sergeant and a master marksmen so what i have shot ,, Rabbits, Rats, Foxes, and i can get reference s from the police and colleges I would like to come and see if possible could you give me a ring on 07921833145 and ask for chris i shoot with a .22lr rim fire which is quiet and a pcp air rifle we use so please call

Alone in the Wilderness
    Hi i,am also looking for places to shoot around goon hilly and surrounding areas ok please email me

Between Savernake forest and Avebury stone circle
    Quote Originally Posted by parrychristopher View Post
    Hi i,am also looking for places to shoot around goon hilly and surrounding areas ok please email me
    Hello Parry, welcome to the forum !
    Hope you find your hunting spots on here mate
    Last edited by Woody; 05-06-2016 at 08:45 PM.