Thread: uco three candle candelier

uco three candle candelier

Now I've asked a few questions but not managed to find someone who has tried this in the flesh, I love the look of the bushlite candles but don't think they will give enough light for what I want (and seem difficult to source just at the mo), then I found these 3 candle versions with obviously give you the option of burning one, two or three candles with differing light and heat ouput (plus keep your brew warm on top!)

Has anyone tried or got, or seen in the flesh one of these? they are gonna sting me about £45 so want to be pretty happy before I hand over the cash, it will be car or bike or folding caravan camping so appreciate that it will be heavier and more bulky than a single candle.

I've also heard the build quality of uco's isn't as good as bushlites, any thoughts here?

http://www.outdoorgb.com/pi/industrialrev/C-A-STD_1.jpg

Sorry can't help with the three candles, oh! if only it was four candles what fun we could have , but I have had the UCO single version for several years and have no issues with it. The light output on it is okay for most tasks but reading by it may cause eyestrain. That said, a reflector ( top and side) would be a huge improvement and those could be made to suit the larger version.
    The big question is "what do you want to do by candle light?"
    Rob.

I also use the single candle UCO and can't complain about the quality. As mentioned - http://www.industrialrev.com/accessories/

thanks all, I picked up a uco micro from 'snow and rock' who had/have 30% off atm just to have a fiddle and check the quality myself (I think it came in at £10.35) and can live in my 'survival glove box!'
    I'm Not after a light to read as other more powerful options for that, but like just a gentle flicker of a flame (prob thinking fire replacement when not needed or appropriate) and 'options' should be my middle name and the 3 version gives me lots, and I see reflectors are available for the 3 version as well as the smaller ones (although might play with one myself as they know how to charge for the accessories).
    Looks like I might end up buying one and then I can review for others lol (can find reviews from the good ole USA but nothing over here)

Just checked out the link Jus, thanks for that and Dalesman seems to be the UK distributer, just one final question:
    How does the light output differ between the Micro's tea light and the UCO candles? little better, twice as good etc all subjective but will give me an idea.
    Last edited by shack; 29-04-2014 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Checked out a link