Thread: The Subject Of Bad Language/Behaviour

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    All I can say is that you english speakers are very strange and sensitive about this. And it can be hard at times moderating myself, as there are words in my language that are perfectly innocent, that when translated to English you would see as a swear word...I have learned. Sometimes that makes it hard for me to form a sentence when I want to describe things.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    All I can say is that you english speakers are very strange and sensitive about this. And it can be hard at times moderating myself, as there are words in my language that are perfectly innocent, that when translated to English you would see as a swear word...I have learned. Sometimes that makes it hard for me to form a sentence when I want to describe things.
    We're aware it can be especially difficult in circumstances such as your's, and we greatly appreciate how well you self moderate in these instances.
    Jack of all trades-Master of none

Savage Bushcraft YouTube channel

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FishyFolk View Post
    I can assure you, Rune, that many native english speakers have difficulty in forming a sentence, both verbally and in writing, that doesn't include rude or offensive language.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

Quote Originally Posted by Martin View Post
    I can assure you, Rune, that many native english speakers have difficulty in forming a sentence, both verbally and in writing, that doesn't include rude or offensive language.

Martin
    Yes, I am aware of this, but it is sometimes very difficult to know what words will be percived as offensive language in English, when the same words in Norwegian could be used in a conversation with the most holy and conservatives of grannies, without causing any offense.
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum