Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pellet practice

pellet practice

so i got a lil sick of shooting plastic bottle tops off bottles so i decided to make my own spinner from scraps in the garden and some spoons.... Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1558542_730394987011537_6130793106685546248_n.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	73.1 KB 
ID:	12044 its ugly as sin but its functional
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

If you miss you'll crack some of those tiles!

Form over function has created some pointless articles so never diss functional neat idea.

Rob.

its going to get pounded in lead anyway so what does it matter what it looks like,looks a good job .
    have you tried extra strong mints..they explode well on impact...atb kev

im hoping on getting a few smaller spoons on there but i want a "donut" shaped target that i can get real accuret with
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Samuel Hearne
    As already mentioned extra strong mints explode when hit, I have been using polos for targets as well been trying to get the pellet through the hole but have not managed it yet they also explode, mind you I am using a 5.5mm and the hole in the mint is only just big enough for the pellet to go through and I am shooting over about 25 yards.

Try Tic tacks at 45 yards, also paint balls are good, also the widgets from cans of bitter etc, I like cutting the storks of nettles, depends on gun and shooter capability though. Like the spinning targets you've made mate
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

If its a difficult target you require,to test your accuratesy,take a 6" sqare or disc of steel,drill a hole (slightly larger than your pellet)fit a bell behind it,n you have one of the old bell targets.Used to be quite a following,in the pubs,many years ago,especialy around Birmingham,Black country,shot over the heads of drinker.More popular than darts.
    Or stick a knife blade in a block of wood n practice splitting your pellets on it breaking two targets at once.Or place playing cards edge wise,n cut them in half!
    If you want n explosive target,"Party Poppers."clip them to bulldog clips screwed to a board,and when you hit the neck they bang n launch streamers all over your garden!!!lol.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Quote Originally Posted by midas View Post
    If its a difficult target you require,to test your accuratesy,take a 6" sqare or disc of steel,drill a hole (slightly larger than your pellet)fit a bell behind it,n you have one of the old bell targets.Used to be quite a following,in the pubs,many years ago,especialy around Birmingham,Black country,shot over the heads of drinker.More popular than darts.
    Or stick a knife blade in a block of wood n practice splitting your pellets on it breaking two targets at once.Or place playing cards edge wise,n cut them in half!
    If you want n explosive target,"Party Poppers."clip them to bulldog clips screwed to a board,and when you hit the neck they bang n launch streamers all over your garden!!!lol.
    Like the party popper one, they are also ideal to set a security boundary around your camp using mouse traps for intruders if your away off foraging to.
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    I like that - excellent idea

that is a good idea