Thread: caravaning

caravaning

i set the caravan up last night in a nice secluded spot about 20ft from the sea,just heading out now,just me and my daughter tonight as the wife works all of tonight and then we are all out tomorow/night.
    the dogs can run free,plenty of bunnies for them to chase and the veiw to wake up to is amazing,its not the same as canvas but if it gets us all out as a family then its a good second though i do want to get a get a good bell tent and wean them into it....pics to follow...atb kev

Sounds like"heaven"Kev!Enjoy.Tend not to go anywere a public/bank Hols.roads n places so busy.etc.Hope you have your peace n tranquility.mike
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Lucky you

had a great first night,my mate turned up in his caravan so we had a nice fire on the go and sat around having a beer and watching the shooting stars.
    got a nice walk in,caught a couple of pollack and woke this morning to the sound of choughs and oyster catchers.
    i just popped home to pick up the mrs and back down....plenty of pics taken but just got one downloaded of the view from my front door,more to follow...atb kev

Last edited by headshot; 19-04-2014 at 10:17 AM.

Can feel the heat of that fire from here.lol.Love ur other halfs "Zebra striped Cammo"!
    That view is great,like the morning n night shots!,with the setting sun!atb.mike
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

thats not my mrs lol,its my mates,mine was working all night,...couple more pics..jeremy clarksons manx residence,his wife was born here

we were fishing of his jetty lol

a shot of the van

every bushcraft essential....corrie lol

i think the 5am start was to much for elisha

dogs enjoyed it though,plenty of rabbits in the bush behind them

Great stuff chap I'm after permission to put a similar sized caravan on our spot near Sennybridge...fingers crossed.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

cheers mate hope you get sorted with a spot,we are lucky really as we have loads of spots around the coast where you can just pull up and camp,there are plenty of designated campsites aswell but they get to busy for my liking and just dont have the same view.
    thats us home now as we have a christning to attend today but its been an enjoyable couple of days/nights and hopefully should get a few more in this summer...no life in the dogs today,their knackered lol...atb kev

After my parents split dad would take me for an Easter break to Blackpool and in the summer two weeks on the Isle of Man, I've some very fond memories of the place; sadly I've only two or maybe three photo's from back then...this was around 1965 onwards. Train up to Liverpool and an 'interesting' ferry crossing, it was an ancient old beast of a ship back then and its the one time I was seasick on one rough crossing lol IIRC we had six holidays there.

A return visit is actually on my 'bucket list' and my 'bushcraft' caravan is on my 2015 To do List. Your thread got me thinking a lot about 'Alf' who died in 1977, I thank you for that he was a top man.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

glad it brought back some fond memories for you,its that kind of place really,most folk have been here at some time or other...if ever you decide to come over in the near future give us a shout...atb kev