Thread: Poshcrafting in Wiltshire

Trapper

Poshcrafting in Wiltshire

Hi all!!

After a brief stint away I have returned!

Not sure if this should be in here but i'll give it a go.. Heres my predicament:

The wife is not really a massive "outdoorsy" person.. I however would happily pack my daysack and disappear! She has, however agreed to do a spot of camping this easter, as much as this is great, I would ideally like to find a spot which would offer woodland camping and allow open fires so I can secure myself a bit of dirt time whilst she reads her novels and tops up the vitamin D!

We're now based in Wiltshire so immediately I thought BUSH FARM! sorted! Alas, they do not allow dogs, and leaving the pooch to us is more like leaving a child to fend for itself..

So, here's my ask; does anyone know of a decent campsite that will have a shower/toilet for her, and allow an open wood burning fire for me to cook on etc.. I thought this may fit into the poshcrafting category?!

Cheers in advance, GREAT to be posting again after all the necessary admin that was required!!

Laters, Steve.
    failing to prepare = preparing to fail

Pray not for a lighter load, but for a stronger back.

Good to see you again mate. Don't know of anything up your way but the is Cloud Farm on Exmoor if you are up for a little trip. The Cornwall RV is also on this weekend with lots of friendly folks attending but she won't get a shower down there.

Wanderer
    I live in blandfir forum and a site we frequent is called Burnbake Campsite at Studland. It allows fires (off the ground, but can rent Cadacs if u cant fit urs in), it has showers, woodland (u can hand hammocks in there too) shop, streams and park for kids. Call before u go to checj availability as it is quite popular but u can always get a spot somewhere as the site is big.

Good luck
    6 P's

Proper Planning Prevents Particularly Poor Performance

I would recomend checking trip advisor,bush farms customer service is at an all'time low.
    www.jacksshed.co.uk A country living forum to compliment your bushcraft way of life.

Trapper
    Hi again all! Ressing this one as we're looking at possibly glamping this coming weekend, I know I know glamping but I have to get her used to sleeping outside somehow! Can anyone recommend a decent yurt site or similar? South of England ideally, approx 2 hours from tidworth if possible..

Cheers in advance!
    failing to prepare = preparing to fail

Pray not for a lighter load, but for a stronger back.