Thread: Seven months to fill with bushcraft and the outdoors

Seven months to fill with bushcraft and the outdoors

A while ago I qualified for a long service award at work which I’ve decided to take in 2016 and it gives me seven months off between June and December.

I work two weekdays normally so I’m looking to fill two days a week constructively and wondered if anyone has any suggestions of places (and indeed people) to visit? I have two or three 1-2-1 sessions loosely sorted out with a couple of well known outdoorsmen, will be heading to the World of Bushcraft more than once to take part in some of the Wednesday classes, maybe some bushcraft school working party days, Thetford Forest and the famous family that teach there, days at my Scout group HQ practising round a fire, the Pitts museum in Oxford, the new visitor centre at Stonehenge, walks in forests and around lakes, the Bentley Wood Fair, The British Museum in London when a suitable display is put on…

I live in North of London in Hertfordshire so for days out I reckon a two hour(ish) journey at a guess (so Birmingham, Leicester, Peterboro, Norwich, Brighton, Winchester, Oxford, Southampton , Swindon in an arc from my house) Any other places of note? I know it’s a bit early but it’s worth thinking about before it’s too late.

For a dude with time off, you're sure going to be busy lol!!
    Winter is coming