Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar

OCD sharpening gizmo.

I picked this up in a charity shop today for 20p

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	11962

It's a Watchmakers Loupe magnifier. I can safely say I can see things on my edge I never saw before. I have got my knife to borderline surgical sharp.

I never thought about magnifying my edges on inspection, but it turns out to be a wise move. Great thing is this magnifier is tiny and very strong. Unlike a normal magnifier, this was designed to be used for close inspection use.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

yep your turning into a ocd paranoid sharpener lol

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Not so much more a work now then my life is easier in the long run as I sharpen less
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Dont slip n cut your nose off,when looking through the eyeglass!at your blade edge.!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I have a small pocket magnifier and a jewelers loupe, but always just seem to use a thumb nail most of the time.