Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Trimming gear down..

I have managed to cut my weekend kit down to this.

Would you mind emptying it all and showing us the contents and the foods you took? Well done btw!!!
    Winter is coming

Left pouch contains food.

Right pouch has a few bits and pieces.

Altoid tin has meds in and everything else is as it appears.

In the 10cm zebra I have a Trangia burner in a ziplock bag and a small cleaning kit(washing up liquid and scourer)
    On top of that is a ziplock with 12 tea bags and 12 sugar sachets.

To the whole setup I also carry a stainless water bottle clipped to the bedroll carabiner, this I can drink from without stopping. I also use this to collect and sterilize water before transferring to the other bottle.

Tribal Elder
    nicley done johnnyboy and the the two pouch kit also!!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Tribal Elder
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    Ok so I challenged myself to do it.
    Blanket in a bivi bag, tarp, clothes on me, dry kit in bag. 1ltr of water, steel mug, billy can with brew kit, mini cast iron skillet (bannock making my 1 luxury), belt knife, survival pouch, hatchet, mocotaugan, head torch and candle lantern, compass and fire lighting kit and grub.
    I bring with me, but left in the car and did not use, sleeping bag, thermarest, tent.
    It got cold in the night so I put my day kit under and on top of me. Other than that I didn't miss any thing that I left behind.
    Had to come home because of Mother's Day. I have gained the confidence, with just tweeks to make to my sleeping system and I will be happy.
    congrats! great set up!
    'Experience is the most efficient teacher of all things,'

Quote Originally Posted by alvino78 View Post
    nicley done johnnyboy and the the two pouch kit also!!
    Thanks. I have made a couple of wee changes to the setup.
    The polycotton tarp has been swapped out for an issue basha, its lighter and a little more low key.
    Also the foam sleep mat has been changed for an issue self inflating mat, a little heavier but more comfortable.
    The rest of the kit is the same but thinking about moving some bits from my ditty pouch to my jacket pockets like the insect repellant and head torch.

Everything (incl food) for a -8c overnighter

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	11972
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just say NO to unnecessary suffering - https://www.youtube.com/user/susannewilliams

Oh yeah. No synthetics of any sort.

Not even a head torch.

(Just the soles of my boots)

Here is the youtube film of the occasion

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just say NO to unnecessary suffering - https://www.youtube.com/user/susannewilliams