Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: oh special brew i love you!

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    You could try a WOW. Wurzels Orange Wine. It's been quite a talking point within the home brew community for some time, although not done one myself.

I've got a 23L Coopers Stout with a chocolate malt grain addition on the way as well as a 30 bottle California Connoisseur Barolo
    Would like to try a hedgerow brew at some stage.

This is basically the same recipe that I posted earlier, I think f0rm4t is a member of the same forum as me. Like we have both said, its a great recipe and if the supermarket prices are right you can produce a gallon for around £2.50, so that's about 50p a bottle.

I've been making this, or a very similar recipe for well over 20 years now and the results are usually always the same. Its a very quaffable wine which is very easily made, quick fermenting, quick clearing and drunk even quicker.

You don't need loads of homebrew gear to make this and you can use 1 gallon water bottles as demijohns and use the water for your brew.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    All my home brew wine ends up being Sherry, never been able to get it right. Although my barley wine turns out great, 20% abv peated beer.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

I have two batches of mead on the go atm.
    We owe the debt of our blood to our ancestors and our skills to their perserverance.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernYeti View Post
    im gonna try a blackberry brew or strawberry brew once theyve grown in the garden
    Got two gal of blackberry from last years harvest
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Ahhhh bramble makes a good one, if you mix it with a bit of gooseberry it's lovely
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

Also got 5 gal of wheat wine going on, time will tell with this one hopefully,
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Should be good
    Border Bushcrafters

Having a crack at tea wine tonight
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.