Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: day hike kit

day hike kit

Heres my new video guys, got back from a walk round the peak district and made this vid grab bag/day hike kit: https://youtu.be/x1MTB6wYOTY

Nice to see you taking a torch even on a 3 hour bimble. Do you carry a whistle Dave ? I know some are built in to ferro rods like Light My Fire...The distress signal with a whistle or torch is six blasts or flahes at one minute intervals until you're rescued.
    [

Hi mate! yeah the torch is a must I do carry a whistle, I have a paracord neck lanyard with a swiss army knife and a light my fire scout 2.0 on it which as you said has a whistle on it. I find the whistle works really well on it.

Not so very different from my kit that. I just giot miore cooking stuff. And do the same as you. When I pack for an overnighetr I jsut throw the whole thing in the Bergen, and I got all I need to cook.
    I always keep it packed so it's just a grab and go when I fell like some time out in the muck :-)
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

Hi pal, cant beat just throwing it in your main pack and going out for a walk

I need to cut my kit, I'm carrying too much.

Quote Originally Posted by tent peg View Post
    I need to cut my kit, I'm carrying too much.
    A day kit may vary a lot depending on where you go, the weather, and the terrain you are in. Dave just showed us his core kit. I bet he adds to it or not, depending on the situation for that trip.
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Yeah bud dont worry about the amount of kit you take etc I do add to it if im going for extra long walks etc you've got to have a core set up as a basic grab and go bag then your free to add depending on your plans etc I find. Go with whats right for you

Quote Originally Posted by Dave ward View Post
    Yeah bud dont worry about the amount of kit you take etc I do add to it if im going for extra long walks etc you've got to have a core set up as a basic grab and go bag then your free to add depending on your plans etc I find. Go with whats right for you
    Was more thinking aloud - not specifically about your kit - watching other peoples stuff always make me want to go through my own!
    Last edited by tent peg; 18-03-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tent peg View Post
    Was more thinking aloud - not specifically about Dave's kit - watching other peoples stuff always make me want to go through my own!
    I am the same and it has cost me more money than I really like to think abaout, ha ha
    (Roald Amundsen)