Thread: one last trip out

one last trip out

i had one last trip out with the dog last week with the lamp,there are a lot of young about already due to the mild winter so thats it for the dogs now till start of september.
    i gonna be busy with the rifle though as rabbits start showing in gardens and paddocks,had a few phone calls already.
    good thing with the rifle is i can pick and chose my shots,leaving the really young and nursing does alone,its easy to tell them from the bucks as they look rather bedragled and have a smaller head with big doey eyes.
    nice to get out and about during the summer months as it gets me out and about at day break which can be 3-4am and is the best time of day for me,sometimes its nicer not to shoot anything and just sit and take it all in,nice to get a fire on the go and often cook breakfast before heading home....oh and the early morning pollack fishing or as we call them callig..cant wait now,roll on summer

......atb kev

plenty for the freezer there, my family aren't much in the way of bunny eaters still got flopsy in the bottom from the autumn, looks like a meal for one.
    What kind of rifle (air or rim?)

were not bunny eaters really though i do a recipe using a couple of half grown bunnies done in marjaram and mustard sauce,the non-bunny eaters suck the bones clean.
    the rifle is .22 rimmy

Pretty impressive, I guess you keep the neighbours pretty well fed as well then. I do like a nice pigeon, but again the family often have different ideas.

most of them get minced for the dogs,you can sell a few clean ones but for all the work involved it becomes a chore and i like to enjoy what i do,not that i enjoy killing things,if i dident do it someone else will...atb kev

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Love Pollack fishing myself, we call them laithe over here...

they seem to have differant names in differant places...one thing..they all fight the same,nothing like that initial dive and taste soooo sweet