Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help, Help, Help

Trapper
    adding your location might help in finding other couples near you, I found wives enjoy going if there's other girls to talk too, thankfully I married a Yorkshire lass who's dad was a farmer, so she loves camping in our woods, our friend that helps us over their has a very prim and proper Mrs that is scared to death of all bugs, so I bought them both a DD hammock with midge screen as a thank you for his help, it totally changed her overnight, she even came out when no other woman were coming

watch the video at 4.20 to see what she thought of her first nights camping, in fact, get your missus to watch it too

although me and my missus have now become glampers, as we have this now instead of the hammocks

we also picked this up for a song,

which our friends missus is dying to try out

good luck

I share your pain mate, I have the exact same conversation with my OH - society blindness, they think that because its labelled a camp site it is somehow a forcefield of protection against insects

Tramp
    Yet again, thanks guys for all your helpfull coments I'm glad that I'm not alone in my predicament: Just alone in the woods

Also thanks to ratcatcher for your suggestion. Well I'm not that far from you as the crow flies but miles away by car.

Have you guessed it yet?.............................................. ............................ Yes I live in SHEERNESS I know, someone has to live here ist just that I have the misfortune to have been born here so I guess that makes me a fully flegged "SWAMPIE"
    For those who don't know Sheerness is on the Isle of Sheppey just off the Kent coast, and its all marshland hense we are known as SWAMPIES. I've been here all my life (54 years) and I've got the webbed feet to prove it
    Yeah!. you can't camp here you will sink

ATB Guys

Simon

Quote Originally Posted by simonc View Post
    you can't camp here you will sink
    Can in a hammock

Tramp
    Can't use a hammock, each tree is miles from the next "Marshland remember"?

Trapper
    Can't use a hammock, each tree is miles from the next "Marshland remember"?
    you dont need trees, watch my video again,lol

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    My missus was given the option she could come if she wanted. After I spent a week away she wondered what all the fuss was, safe to say after 12hrs in the woods with me she was hooked (not as bad as me yet). If you start crafting a bit when your out her, she will want a go it's normal for them to get nosy.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Tramp
    Hay Midge-Fodder,
    Thanks for your helpful coments all taken on board and shall be put into practice asap (the wife is convalesing after having an operation at the moment).
    Just went onto your blogspot mate "WHOO HOOO BUDDYYYYY!!" Fantastic, could not agree more. Home made kit, Being a Womble (yes I can remember the wombles back in the seventies, now I am showing my age), Knives, my first knife started its life as a large heavy kitchen knife which i found, I shortened and re-fashoned it nearly all by hand (really hard work as it was stainless steel). I am now using a Mora clipper for most tasks but the old kitchen knife comes into its own when batoning and splitting wood, its bomb proof and if it does brake so what it cost nothing.
    It seems to me that we are both of a similar frame of mind.
    I'm very new to blogs and such so you will have excuse my ignorance but I have added your blogspot to my err? following circle on Google, I think I've got that right.
    Keep up the great work my friend, PM me anytime for a chat
    Simon

i'm liking ratcatchers bell tent,i've been after one for a while now but cant afford one just yet,we have an awning that fixes on the side of the caravan and the wife loves it...more than the caravan so next step a decent bell tent...i can see us just bringing the caravan as a kitchen/living room for her....kev

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Hay Midge-Fodder,
    Thanks for your helpful coments all taken on board and shall be put into practice asap (the wife is convalesing after having an operation at the moment).
    Just went onto your blogspot mate "WHOO HOOO BUDDYYYYY!!" Fantastic, could not agree more. Home made kit, Being a Womble (yes I can remember the wombles back in the seventies, now I am showing my age), Knives, my first knife started its life as a large heavy kitchen knife which i found, I shortened and re-fashoned it nearly all by hand (really hard work as it was stainless steel). I am now using a Mora clipper for most tasks but the old kitchen knife comes into its own when batoning and splitting wood, its bomb proof and if it does brake so what it cost nothing.
    It seems to me that we are both of a similar frame of mind.
    I'm very new to blogs and such so you will have excuse my ignorance but I have added your blogspot to my err? following circle on Google, I think I've got that right.
    Keep up the great work my friend, PM me anytime for a chat
    Simon
    Will do bud. Cheers for the compliments, I remember the Wombles the second time around lol the 90's.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk