Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Waterproof Gloves

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fletching View Post
    I'll be using them for sailing as well (yeah, I know!) so will get very wet and the last pair of gloves just froze solid when wet off the Solent in October!

...looking into Sealskinz again (and modding some Marigolds with air vents?)
    Sailing eh? In that case check out your local golf store and look at waterproof golf gloves. They were becoming popular when I played a lot and might be worth a punt. They retain dexterity as well as waterproof properties.

Linky

Martin
    Last edited by Martin; 08-02-2011 at 11:03 AM.
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.

I have used Sealskinz for years when fishing. The socks I have worn in winter standing in a river wading for Grayling and they kept my feet warm. The Gloves I have used for 2 river seasons and they are very good but my only problem with them is that i have to keep taking them of to change my fly so i have gone back to fingerless gloves. If the reviews about sealskinz have put you of I would also recommend Snowbee neopene gloves are good quality.

Hope that helps.
    Ian

Cheers chaps. I've narrowed the field down a bit now.

Steve

Marrygolds lol

I've had two pairs of Sealskinz socks and they both failed after a couple of trips, I wouldn't buy them again anyway. For socks the MOD black goretex are the ones to go for.

As for the gloves I've heard they're not too hot either, apparently if water gets inside from running down a sleeve or something, they take forever to dry out. I've also heard that they sweat up badly and don't breathe well enough to dry, giving you the same issues as water getting inside.

Can't really see the point of waterproof gloves myself but if I was to buy some I'd agree with Gareth and look at the shooting market, brands like Harkilla, Swedteam or Hestra.

Steve you;r a ruffty tuffty woodsman on you'r profile now you should;ant need gloves. lol

I have no personal experience with SealSkinz socks (I am not really a fan of putting membranes around my, usually very warm, feet). I have only sold a few pairs in my time, but none of those has ever caused anyone to come back and complain about them.

As to the breathability of the gloves; the issues described by Shewie is the same with any membrane glove, be it GoreTex, eVent, Porelle, Hydratic, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1948 View Post
    Steve you;r a ruffty tuffty woodsman on you'r profile now you should;ant need gloves. lol
    I'll have you know I'm a gentleman sir. And I wouldn't dream of going onto my country estate without being suitably attired in the correct tweed hacking jacket, matching waistcoat and, of course, gloves. One of said will be thrown down in challenge should you dare to evidence your petulance again in such an ungainly manner, you peasant. Sir.

I have regular ultra grip Sealskinz, I've had them for a couple of years and in my experience they do exactly what is says on the tin. I lovem' I've got the socks to and I like love them aswell.

It might sound like I'm the CEO of Sealskinz but I'm just a happy customer