Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Watches?

Ditched my Suunto as I don't need the altimeter and the battery compartment fell apart - Casio protrek was horrendously expensive on batteries and eventually packed in after 5 years of mountains and mud so dragged the G10 out of the drawer blew off the dust and changed the strap...that was 7 years ago and as said before it was issued in 1990
    [

One with Nature
    "Always remember, no matter where you go there you are."
    hello,
    Sapper like both the CWC Swiss made G10 & SBS Divers Watch both built to last. I can honestly say my watch hasn't lost a second keeps great time. I'm looking for a 20mm Help 4 Heroes tri colour strap for my watch, current strap Black. I can only find an 18mm in the H4H colours
    Regards
    David

Quote Originally Posted by Sapper View Post
    Ditched my Suunto as I don't need the altimeter and the battery compartment fell apart - Casio protrek was horrendously expensive on batteries and eventually packed in after 5 years of mountains and mud so dragged the G10 out of the drawer blew off the dust and changed the strap...that was 7 years ago and as said before it was issued in 1990

Forgot about my work watch; Casio pro trek, being a solar model it works great although the ABC can be a tad inaccurate... Highly recommended and quite cheap now I think on evilbay!

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Depends on what you want from a watch. I usually wear a Timex Chronograph, but it's a matter of preference in what you want.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

I had a Timex Expedition for years before the battery finally died in it. When I got a new, better paying job about 4 years ago, I splurged and bought myself a Luminox Series 3000/3900 V3 with the Nato gray canvas band. Only 2 (well, 3 features) rotating bezel for stopwatch, date, and tritium glowing hour marks on the face. Waterproof to 200 meters, though I don't expect to get much deeper than 6 or 7 meters... (I don't dive )
    I also bought a spare black band for it for fancy dress occasions. Ha!
    The only maintenance I've done on it is the occasional cleaning of the bands in a glass of hot water with some effervescent denture cleaner. Works great.

All the best!
    Josh
    "Everywhere is within walking distance if you have the time..." ~Steven Wright~