Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire, Fire!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ian c View Post
    You must be gutted mate Im glad that no one was hurt, take care and have a good time in your hammock on Sat.
    I am gutted mate, I appreciate your concern, thankyou.

Now that a few hours have passed,the reality of what could have happened has started to hit home. About 20 years ago something similar happened to me. Without going into any gory detail, I woke up one morning with flames around me. There was an electrical fire ,and it took three flats out within minutes. For some strange reason I woke up, got out and survived.

Why I survived, I don't know. Maybe now I'm third time lucky, I really don't know.

So sorry to hear that fella, dont let it weaken your willpower with the weed. Its times like this when your at your weakest. Everybody is safe,everything can be replaced and thats all that matters. Have a great weekend and try and put it out of your mind Chubbs, ATVB Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Quote Originally Posted by jus_young View Post
    At least the home brew is safe Neil. Glad to hear it wasn't more serious though.
    Do you what mate, the fire gutted everything but I'm sure that I saw a couple of gallons of wine at the back of the caravan that were still alive !!!!!!

I'm going to have a look tomorrow before I phone the insurers so heres hoping.

So sorry to hear that mate! While everyone is okay which is a fantastic, it's still a headache you don't need.
    Good luck with the insurance company mate!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter luresalive's Avatar
    Sorry to hear that mate!

Sorry to hear this mate, glad everyone was OK

My thoughts are with you all,great upheaval,But time n hopefully the Insurance WILL SORT THINGS OUT!
    Don't think you've got bad luck!!,You've got good luck n a charmed life because your all safe!!.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Ye Gods!
    Glad you're alright...I hope everything lost can be in some way recovered.
    My blog, New England Bushcraft

"Give me six hours to chop down a tree, and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe."
    ~ Abraham Lincoln

"Be prepared, not scared."
    ~ Cody Lundin

NaturalBushcraft Founder Ashley Cawley's Avatar
    Jees! Sorry to hear that Neil, glad to hear everyone was OK.
    Ashley Cawley

Youtube | Forum | Twitter | Flickr
    Leave No Trace

Quote Originally Posted by Chubbs View Post
    Do you what mate, the fire gutted everything but I'm sure that I saw a couple of gallons of wine at the back of the caravan that were still alive !!!!!!

I'm going to have a look tomorrow before I phone the insurers so heres hoping.
    Hey Neil, when you phone the insurers make sure you tell them about that brand new Tentipi Safir 7 you had in the caravan ! come to think of it you better mention the Diamond encrusted solid gold Gransfors Small forest axe as well.

Shame about those two cases of chateau Lafite Rothschild 1982 but hey ho! that's why you have insurance :

Glad you're all safe fella

Glen
    "Appearance is Important, so remember to Smile"

Nelson Mandela