Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tarps, What Cordage Do you Use.

Quote Originally Posted by f0rm4t View Post
    Only ever used camo 550. Never had a need to consider anything else really.
    ...If it isn't broke

The only beef I have is that it sucks up water, and becomes heavy. I hate to pack away kit wet. But on the other hand, I would have to hang the tarp up to dry at home anayway....
    Victory awaits the one, that has everything in order - luck we call it
    Defeat is an absolute consequense for the one that have neglected to do the necessary preparations - bad luck we call it
    (Roald Amundsen)

Bumbling Bushcraft on Youtube
    Nordisk Bushcraft - The Nordic bushcraft blog and forum

for me i use 550 para... bloody love the stuff use it for everything!
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Great advice, thanks chaps.

I ended up buying a 100 metre roll of the Webtex 3mm paracord for £9.95 post free. Now just waiting for my line loks to make them up into guy lines.

should of made some loks mate its only a peice of plastic with some holes drilled in made a few out of a flat bit of birch a few years ago lasted for a good few years
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    The wooden ones are great, mine are still going strong and I made them in December 2010.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Sorry, I must have named them wrong. Its these ones

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/clam-cleat

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    Ahhhh used them on the sailing boats
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Para cord tried and tested since birth! Bank line is good though; in the past I've tended to braid it for extra strength and importantly, visibility!! Saying that, garden jute is quite strong when braided and no great shakes if lost or snapped...