Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: North Wales Bushcafters : Spring Meet. 28th -30th March.

Another really good meet. As always an absolute pleasure, to enjoy the company of some great lads. It was brilliant to see Blood get fire by friction, we tapped some Birch sap, had a great time on Paul and Steve's primitive bows. Ken's takedown bow was a nice bit of kit.
    Met a few new people who i can learn from, which is always my aim.
    Great location, great bunch, and a great time. Can't wait for the next one.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

A couple of thanks i forgot to give.
    Ichneumon. When it comes to Bushcraft. He is yoda,and i am Luke. Bow drill demo. Put on a little sharpening demo again, passed his strip and steels around, and we all left with our blades sharper, than they arrived.
    Blood. Thanks for the Lime, the cordage. Very much appreciated. Thankyou. Let me know when you want to get out mate.
    Sylvanbilly. Brought some great kit, i want.... no i need one of your catapults.
    Ken. A wealth of knowledge as was Garath, and Alan. I know you all have tricks too teach me. Really looking forward to sitting fireside with you again.
    Finally, Steve. The host with the most, the man responsible for the good times and the knowledge sharing. Thanks for having us mate.
    See you on the next one fellas.
    He who says "he can" and he who says "he can't", are both usually right.

My first ever meet!! Wow what a great bunch of lads, (and dogs)
    A big thanks to the laird, Steve for letting us enjoy his woodland, thanks!!
    Right where do I start, well I think everyone is in agreement that I had way too much kit, (I bet your all laughing at that under statement) me too, first night in a hammock, my set up was fine and that's thanks to all the guys who have posted vids on YouTube, without those I wouldn't of known where to start, I had two really comfortable warm sleeps, and two good meals, learnt how to trim my kit down by having a good chat and a cupa with Ken, thx mate you've shown me loads in the weekend and some inventive tips to help with tarp and stoves, I, just like blood had the privilege of being taught how to make fire with bow and drill, big thanks Paul, I really enjoyed having a go of your bow and arrows as well, I think the quality of how you made the bow and shown me how to use it properly, rubbed off on my grouping of the arrows, ammo, I'am glad you liked my catty, and if you give me a bit of time I will make you one up, I also learnt a lot other stuff apart from bushcraftaround the fire side from guys like Alan and a very interesting and knowledgable guy Rich who runs his own bushcraft company, I'am glad I was able to show Gareth how to tap a birch tree, I have since took on board what Steve said and that is to drill the hole in my bung a bit bigger to accept the pipe better.
    All in all it was a great experience I will never forget
    Thanks all
    Bill
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Blood I really liked that brandy you had, can you tell me what it's called and where you got it from please mate?
    Cheers
    Bill
    P.s. your pm box is full
    Share your knowledge. It is a way to achieve immortality.

Sainsburys mate, Sailor Jerry spiced rum mmmmmmmmmm!
    Winter is coming

Had a really great weekend at Steve's (as is the norm) Met some great new guys and old friends but missed me old mucker Bri (next time Bri ) Its always a pleasure to see younger people wanting to learn as much as possible, but Bill youv'e got to cut your kit down by 75%, 2 wheelbarrows full is a bit over the top, pmsl Hope to see you all again soon,atb Ken
    Ne te confundant illigitimi It is always a pleasure to see what you can make !, instead of buying it ready made. R Proenneke.

Natural Born Bushcrafter Valantine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
    Had a really great weekend at Steve's (as is the norm) Met some great new guys and old friends but missed me old mucker Bri (next time Bri ) Its always a pleasure to see younger people wanting to learn as much as possible, but Bill youv'e got to cut your kit down by 75%, 2 wheelbarrows full is a bit over the top, pmsl Hope to see you all again soon,atb Ken
    And no more kebabs either