Hey everyone!

I posted this in the introduction bit of the forum first but thought I'd add it here too, seems more appropriate.

My name's Glenn, I am a passionate hiker but new to wild camping and bushcraft. It would be great if you guys could give me some advice on something that I've been planning for a while now.

I want to go on my first wild camping trip this summer and have just booked a flight to Inverness for the end of June, after a few weeks of reading and planning. So now there's no backing out! I'm going!

With a few months left I want to make the most of the time I have to prepare, including a few practice camps around the area where I live.

When I do eventually go to Scotland, my plan is to start in Glenmore Forest with not too much hiking for a couple of days, getting used to the local area and "learning by doing". Then I want to venture down into Glen Feshie and back, and if I feel up to it maybe attempt to pass the Lairig Ghru at some point. In general I want to stay reasonably low though.

Given that I will have prepared a lot for this in terms of theory and physical conditioning, but will still have next to no experience at all with wild camping, what do you think about this plan? What would be your advice?

I appreciate any help, thanks a lot in advance!