Thread: sponsored walk

sponsored walk

Myself and a friend have put ourselves forward to do a sponsored walk to raise money for the flood victims in the south.

We will be setting off from John o-groates on march 4th and making our way down to lands end.

Along the way we shall be stopping off at different meets and events set up to help us raise as much as we can.

at present we are expecting it to take approximately 90 days in total but as im nearly 50 and an unfit smoker im sure this may change lol

we are currently setting up a non profit charity along with a paypal account and every penny will be put into helping those in need.

there are being auctions arranged which will have everything from items of kit that are being donated as well as even a gas bottle wood burner being made.
    WE are hoping to get some items from the world of formula 1 to be auctioned as well as signed books from the likes of cody lundin etc.
    there will also mentions and updates of the walk on tom linden's uk preppers radio network.

this is all new and we are trying to get it all up and running as quickly as we can but we have decided to get the walk under way so we can get the help to those in need as soon as possible.

So far we have a facebook page 'actiion outdoor aid' with nearly 300 members in just over a week and is growing steadily.
    We have a fair amount of local coverage building up too from newspapers etc

this is a bushcraft/prepper based effort at present but with luck more will join the cause.

well thats about it so far...just thought i would mention it ad give you a heads up.

Major respect and admiration Wildish.

If you need anything when you are down here in Cornwall, don't hesitate to ask.

Just had a thought. I live about two minutes drive away from the main A30 in Camborne. If you plan in right, I have a large shed with a large woodburner and tv/freeview in it. You and your friend can kip in it for the night if you want. I have plenty of camp beds and I can offer a meal and shower facilities if you want them. I will even get the missus to wash any clothes that you need doing !!.

Cheers Neil

wow thank you chubbs most kind
    im not sure on our route yet for the south its still being worked on but i have added you to the list of very kind offers that have been made.
    much respect to you.

Paul - if you're routing through Leicestershire I'll see Chubb's accomodation/TV/washing/etc and raise him by some beers too!

Seriously though - let me know if you're passing by and I'll assist in whatever capacity I can.

Cheers,

M@
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

brilliant!! thank you mat will put you on the list

good luck i walked to the lakes from cheshire damn near killed me
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

lol this may be the death of me but will do as much as i can manage