Thread: Few pics from this morning

Few pics from this morning

Out in the woods with the hounds this morning. The rain came in, so I found a convenient holly bush for cover (the only cover) with a big log conveniently situated under it, and made a brew on my £1 DIY bushbuddy.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392484357.852892.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  8.1 KB

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392484391.307269.jpg
Views: 234
Size:  8.6 KB

Once the rain stopped, the clouds made some beautiful scenery.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392484467.500187.jpg
Views: 225
Size:  8.4 KB

The dogs were happy too.

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392484497.135263.jpg
Views: 236
Size:  5.8 KB
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

You know what though, I love finding a secluded spot and just sitting under a tarp and listening to the rain patter against it, taking in the view, and a small fire on the go.
    Ahh...I've been going a bit stir crazy with this weather. I don't care what it's doing tomorrow, I'm off for a stroll as well...
    'What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare' - William Henry Davies

Kestrels:
    https://foraknave.wordpress.com/

Thinking:
    https://thinkingthink.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Humakt View Post
    You know what though, I love finding a secluded spot and just sitting under a tarp and listening to the rain patter against it, taking in the view, and a small fire on the go.
    Ahh...I've been going a bit stir crazy with this weather. I don't care what it's doing tomorrow, I'm off for a stroll as well...
    Spot on bud.
    Hopefully we'll catch a break tomorrow. Or at least a decent gap so you can get a wander in.

Have a good one!
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    Leave no trace

Envious - too busy today, as Humakt says the sound of rain when you're dry is lovely. Even on holiday in a caravan through a wet night
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

You've got the dogs well trained!Looks like he was collecting firewood for you!!lol.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    Envious - too busy today, as Humakt says the sound of rain when you're dry is lovely. Even on holiday in a caravan through a wet night
    Yes he can retrieve a decent size Ash in a couple of hours. Still needs to get the bow saw action down to an art though!
    Paul

My YOUTUBE Channel
    Leave no trace

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    My mutt just looks at you as if your stupid lol. But then again nobody said Newfoundlands were energetic in any way shape or form.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Love that middle picture when the rain stopped