Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Dual Survival

What always gets me is these guy could never starve to death in a few days they have so many pounds on them. The last one I watched the canoe they made sank they where that heavy. Now if it was me I would be crawling the floor with hunger and not even thinking about a canoe and the only thing I would have is a fire probably so big the emergency services would come out because they thought it was a forest fire But at least I would be rescued and any bears would stay away because of the flames
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

I never saw any episodes of Survivor man so I cant comment on that show... I was referring to Bear Grylls, Born Survivor. Its a great show and pretty informative, he just seems to go to extreme lengths to do things and he always seems to just arrive at a spot where somebody seems to be passing, maybe its just co-incidental, but with the rumours going around that he wasnt staying in any of the shelters he made and was being airlifted to hotels etc before returning to camp to make out he had just got up makes it seem less likely.

I do like the episode where they nearly get killed by a train though...am I right in saying he mentions just before that happens that its an old un-used railway?
    "Fire-wood makes you warm three times; first collecting it, secondly shifting it and third when you burn it." - Ray Mears.

www.natureunleashed.co.uk - for my storm chases, astro reports and bushcraft/camping trips

I know what you mean I think a lot is put on for the TV shame it is not proper reality
    CLAP clearly loudly, as an order, with pauses

I like dave canterberry on youtube great videos but couldn't get into duel survival
    When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.”
    ― John Muir

All these shows still beat watching game shows or reality tv garbage

well thats true
    When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest of the world.”
    ― John Muir

Trapper
    I've just finished watching all of these, excellent programmes and they're making a third series.
    I think the two of them work well together although it's clear that Dave is pushed into doing some daft stuff for entertainment.
    I'd actually be happy to watch an episode where they just stayed put and didn't walk out.

Just watched the first four episodes of season one; quite entertaining - though not as informative as I would prefer really.

My initial thought was something along; "Oh no, one of these "two total opposites forced to work together" shows". But, truth be told; both Dave and Cody are a lot more nuanced than that.

I find it funny, though, how Dave is apparently trying to act a lot more gung ho and hard headed than he really is (based on his YouTube videos) - in order to contrast Cody. Threre is definitely a lot of "playing the ol' stereotypes" going on, but fortunally not too much.

I'll most likely watch the rest of the series - eagerly awaiting the new episodes of Survivorman.

For those of you interested in Dual Survivor and specially Dave Canterbury, you might want to catch his Survival Adventure Network on you tube. Dave takes video applications from You tubers and then chooses several to participate in a 72 hour survival challenge filmed at his school in Ohio. You get to bring your choice of knives and the clothes on your back, thats all. THe school provides any other materials and kit you will need. Participants are strictkly volunteer with many levels of skills and experiance, no experts involved.
    there have been 4 scenarios filmed since the begiining of the year. I was lucky enough to have been chosen for an Altiods tin Challenge. THe survival tin based on the SAS concept is filled from a table of various kit copmponents and the participant chooses what they wish to carry in theirs. All were given an emergancy blanket and a 2mil rain poncho, the rest of the kit was up to them, it just had to fit in the tin. It was quite an experiance for all of us. I learned a great deal about my true skills and Dave was very helpful in refining those skills during the shoot. Well worth the effort and an unforegettable experiance! Todd
    Smoothin it

Sounds like some experience