Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "squeeze" gutting a rabbit?

its not for me but a mate of mine does it and it takes seconds,handy when out lamping and carrying your rabbits on a string,your only carrying half the weight and no blood all over you,its also handy when the flies are about as you can get the guts out without opening a dining area for the blue bottles.
    he can do hares aswell which are surprisingly easy if your hands are big enough....atb kev

Natural Born Bushcrafter Midge_Fodder's Avatar
    I just wouldn't want to burst anything. I was always in the slash and scoop category, don't get me wrong if the prolapse method works easy id try it but I wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good meal.
    Border Bushcrafters

Isn't it nice when someone says "that's a great piece of kit, where did you buy that", then you can modestly reply "you can't buy it, I made it myself". The moral is, it's amazing what you can achieve if you put your mind to it.

"No better burden can a man carry on the road, than a store of common sense." - Hávamál: 10

http://midgefodderbushcraft.blogspot.co.uk

Alone in the Wilderness Waylander's Avatar
    I use this method.

Only on rabbits up to a certain size. Can't do it efficiently enough on larger rabbits.

Waylander

this method bruises the meat... handy if you want to gut it quickly, but its better to spend a little more time and do the job properly