Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wilko stove

Wilko stove

http://www.wilko.com/camping/wilko-s...?VBMST=camping
    A good little stove. Pay online and pick up from your local store so no delivery charges.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

That's amazing ... Looks like a Webtex clone !!! Bet its cheaper too !!!

Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

To be fair the el-cheapo Chinese one on ebay for about £2 looks better. I wouldnt really want it but have seen others who have used it and said its great. Folds up smaller then the wilko one and has a electric ignition.

[edit]

Found this one on ebay (£4.17), As far as I remember it was half the price before.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mini-Picni...item43bd0440ed

I actually forgot that I did purchase this a year or so back when I first started out, never used it but it looks quite good. I ended up buying a Optimus Crux so the Chinese one got put away and forgot about.
    Last edited by ADz; 08-02-2014 at 12:35 PM.

The Optimus is made in China. Small stoves are all much the same in terms of output, anywhere up to 10k BTU, all come out of a small handful of factories in China with similar build quality. For less than a tenner any of them will make a good brew stove. The advantage of the Wilko stove is that should you get a problem you can take it back.
    Richard
    South Wales UK

Thanks Ric,Just ordered one of wilkos stoves.Thats a good point that if anythings wrong with it,your local store will give you a refund.Gave my lad my other (similar)Just in case as he lives in an all electric flat,n there has been a couple of power cuts!
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I did a run down on my china one 2week back £4 somethingClick image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0068.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	94.7 KB 
ID:	11340Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BILD0071.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	11341

Just been n ordered (from china) the 3legged adapter that allows you to use the cheaper gas,(Got quite a stock)n makes the stove more stable.
    Looks like a good folding wind break.Strange when burning wood in my "Rocket Stove,or wood gas burner,one wants the wind.yet with Gas,you need a good wind shield!

Quote Originally Posted by rik_uk3 View Post
    The Optimus is made in China. Small stoves are all much the same in terms of output, anywhere up to 10k BTU, all come out of a small handful of factories in China with similar build quality. For less than a tenner any of them will make a good brew stove. The advantage of the Wilko stove is that should you get a problem you can take it back.

Good point.

What good service!!!ordered the wilko stove 9.45pm on sat nite,n as free delivery to store (under £30)takes 48hrs if you order before 2pm on a working day,(so was expecting it Weds).SURPRISE,surprise ,8am this Monday morning got a phone call from store to tell me it had arrived.n ready to collect!!!They also sent an E-mail,n txt to confirm this too.Great little stove ,which comes in a plastic/poly carry box!!

I bought one from China a while ago, and it is an absolutely cracking burner... Used it on the beach last summer and it was boiling water in no time.

I bought the coleman screw on cans, a smal one for a bimble brew, the regular 250 size which I used on the beach. Then found the Range sold screw cans at half the price of coleman, so stocked up.

The only MINOR problem, was the ignitor didn't work when damp, but a normal lighter,Ferro rod will get it blazing away.
    The size of the unit is fantastic, and is literally fit on your pocket...

In my humble opinion, I would say Ebay, China, job done if Wilko is a struggle.
    Utringue Paratus

Northern Soul Bushcraft.......