Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 3l dutch ovens

Trapper

3l dutch ovens

Just got back from shopping at Sainsbury and whilst there picked up a 3L enameled cast iron dutch oven stile stew pot, reduced down to just £20
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0120.jpg 
Views:	205 
Size:	99.2 KB 
ID:	11327
    All I got to do now is convice SWMBO that's it's ok to use when I go out next

I took my Sainsbury's enameled pot for a trip to the woods and it got very sooty. I got "the look" when I brought my pot home - even though I cleaned it. Nice bit of kit - does a wicked Coc au Vin.
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

what are the approx dimensions and weight please
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Yeah really good value for money ... I've got a couple of orange ones 3 and 5 Litre !

Quality as good as the similar well known French items but a full quarter the price !!!

brilliant gear , still haven't managed an unburnt bannock but at least it cleans up well !!!

Cheers Whistle
    Life's a beach .... and then the tide comes in ....

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    what are the approx dimensions and weight please
    http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/sol/shop...nav=4294892525

This link is to the 5l pot - I'm sure you'll find your way from there to the others
    "If you were to ask me what I consider to be my finest achievement, I could answer the question without hesitation: teaching." ~ Raymond Blanc.

Thanks Ehecatl, I should have thought of that, they sell quite a variety of cast Iron pots
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigger004 View Post
    Thanks Ehecatl, I should have thought of that, they sell quite a variety of cast Iron pots
    You're very welcome Tigger. Just got back from the store and they are reduced in price compared to the website.

3l dutch ovens

I've got a couple of the Sainsburys cast iron pots and they are really good. Was thinking about getting one from Ronnie Sunshines for camping with the family as the missus won't be keen on using her nice cream pots in a campfire.

Anyone used the Ronnie Sunshine ones?
    Last edited by LoneWalker; 08-02-2014 at 08:09 AM.

Last edited by NorthernYeti; 08-02-2014 at 07:51 AM.
    There is pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes,
    By the deep sea, and music in its roar, I love not man the less, but Nature more.

The Ronnie ones are cast iron. I have one which is i use occassionally. The lids are lipped on them so you can pile fuel on top for all round heat, like an oven in fact! The 4 litre is a good size. Stable on a tripod or the ground. The only disadvantage imo is the feet which tho great on an open fire precludes using it on a domestic cooker tho it can go in the oven. Hope this helps.

The sainsbury one look like a deal tho for the money.
    Time is precious - waste it wisely