Thread: Wildcamping York

Wildcamping York

Hello folks,
    Just wondering if anyone knows any secret little spots around the York area? (30 mins drive ish)

Got moved off last week in the most unfriendly manner, apparently i wasn't welcome and as I was only own wasn't in the mood to argue:/ luckily the hammock only takes a few mins to pack up so was away before they rubbed their combined brain cells together and came up with any ideas

Need somewhere safe to leave the car and not too much of a walk, and somewhere where no one will ever find me

Not hugely interested in having a fire as I run the alcohol stove for water boiling anyway.

Feel free to drop me a pm if you don't want to share with the world

Thanks in advance.

Yorkshire wanderer

* apologies if this is in the wrong section feel free to move it and I will consider myself suitably berated

Sorry can't help with a location but I have the same sort of issues.
    With regard to the car, I have started cycling locally ( I can carry quite a bit of kit ) also my last one was by train, booked in advance they are quite cheap, (went off to the peaks)

How did you get found?
    Campfires are best shared with friends.

Should have known better really, was a place near where I used to work been going for a humble in there for about 10 years never had any bother bit this time I went there were signs that they had Ben cutting down the pine In there recently. I was wll out of the way ( or so I thought!) and two big burly types snuck up on me, I had the tarp low to the ground behind me and they were out of my LOS. I didn't even hear them coming the sneaky buggers shame really as it's a nice little spot seen deer in there a lot in the past but I guess it's out of the list now

I usually leave the setting up until dusk or early dark, that way not many people are in the woods, although I did a write up on here about being discovered by a late night dog walker (dogs always find you even when the owner is oblivious)

Take a look:-
    http://www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk/fo...ght=discovered
    Campfires are best shared with friends.