Thread: weekend glamping+a few rabbits

weekend glamping+a few rabbits

had a weekend in the caravan on sat/sun,its about half an hour from the house on the coast,i leave it down there with the awning up for the kids to sleep in and we just come and go as we please.
    its right next to the golf course and scrub land thats full of rabbits so on sat night when most of the light had gone i took the dog for a stroll with the light and got half a dozen three quarter grown rabbits,i got a meat plate full of prime cuts and the rest boiled up for the dogs,it just finished of another crackin weekend

the view from my front door

tiny of out to pick up no1

the final tally

bit of superficial damage...nothing will get in her way when she's on a rabbit

back to camp,clean the catch straight away and finish the night with a beer in front of the fire

.....thanks for looking..kev

Sounds like a dog worth having, mine just eats grass and throws up everywhere

Now thats wot I love to see dogs doing wot they are bread for,,,,nice,,,,and a fruitfull night,shame you didant have any decent beer to sellerbrate a good nights work,LoL

cheers steve....cheers tony lol,i'm not a big drinker anyway and i bought myself a couple of bottles of bulmers cider,just enough for me when out and about but i drank them so robbed the wifes carling..fully agree...rotten lol.
    that little dog is the best i had,totaly faithfull to me and will go through a brick wall to get her rabbit.
    i pushed her on a few nights last year to see what she was capable off,she had 40 one night and was done by then,i dont make a habit of pushing her like that as i want her into her old age but for a 19" dog that aint bad going...ten times better than shooting them in my book....atb kev

Well done DOG n Kev...a dog can be very useful for pest control in those cecumstances,But a lot of the controling I do around caravan sites/buildings,just couldn't run a dog...ones still useful,when they get under the odd van!!But then they are "Mans best Friend".Send most of mine to OWL Sanctury.(quite a few are rescue birds from people buying them after "Harry Potter"films.and finding you cant feed them on cornflakes.lol.)
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

ahh yes ..dident everyone want an otter when tarka came out..the marvels of the media.
    i know what you mean about not being able to use the dog,i have loads of spots where i have to to shoot or trap,that seems to be the only time i pick up the gun these days,plus i think i'm getting soft in my old age lol...atb kev

Very cool!