Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weenie-proofing the Girl - long xc backcountry overnighter. 24km 800m vert. Alps

Weenie-proofing the Girl - long xc backcountry overnighter. 24km 800m vert. Alps

Breakable crust.... boooo

24km round trip
    800m vert (2300ft)
    Calf deep breakable crust - broke trail all the way
    Overnighter on exposed summit - no sleeping bag / no tent.

Weeeeeenie proofing!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just say NO to unnecessary suffering - https://www.youtube.com/user/susannewilliams

Brrrrrrrrrrrr..shivering just watching.well done girl,looks like you had fun.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown

I think you;r geat,you crazy girl,well done.

nutter!
    keep it up
    Paul

• You’ll never be lost if you remember that moss always grows on the north side of your compass.
    • While the Swiss Army Knife has been popular for years, the Swiss Navy Knife has remained largely unheard of. Its single blade functions as a tiny canoe paddle.

My YOUTUBE Channel
    My INSTAGRAM: paul_r1chards
    Leave no trace

Girls just wanna have fun....

:-)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just say NO to unnecessary suffering - https://www.youtube.com/user/susannewilliams

You live in a fantastic area looks great

Natural Born Bushcrafter saxonaxe's Avatar
    No tent, no sleeping bag! I had to wear an extra jacket just to watch the video...

It's all about shelter from the wind, deep enough pine bough bed, and proper food & hydration.
    And having a Jerven Bag. This is my winter life insurance.

At worst,you have a candle in a cookpot inside the Jerven Bag with you. You sit up, have the candle between your legs, and the Jerven Bag open by your face. This allows you to breathe and makes a chimney effect that heats the inside of the Jerven Bag to over 20c and even helps dry the clothes you are wearing.

Then you alternate burning the candle to get some good core warmth, and lying down to sleep until you get too cold to be comfortable.

Life preserving down to -30c

Peace.

The Girl
    Last edited by susannewilliams; 05-02-2014 at 10:28 PM.

We are SO lucky to live here. Just heaven. Good diving and river sports too. :-)

Good tip on the convection heating system.I'd have perfered a snugle n cuddle!to keep warm.but difficult if ones alone.lol.
    You are never too old to learn!. A SURVIVER!

"Peasants Rule,and your Knife is your Tool."
    "A Knifeless man is a Lifeless man".Nordic Proverb.

Support The GURKA WELFARE TRUST.1815 to 2015 200 years of Service to the Crown