Thread: Hi gear soloista tent

Hi gear soloista tent

I bought this little backpacking tent a while ago for fishing trips over at berry head,it's a cheap tunnel tent,backpackers tent.after a good waterproof session in my back garden,I've found it pretty good for a cheapy and better than the lidil tent I was using before although that packed away alot smaller,only down side I have found with the soloista is its very cramped inside s no where to stash youre gear,but take a tarp with you and problem solved,and not very good if youre tall or claustrophobic.has anybody else got one of these lil tents.i think there good value for money,but. Wouldn't take it up the top of snowdonia mind you lol
    lifes good ,but even sweeter under the stars

I bought two, one for me and one for my buddy. His had a two foot rip in the feet end which I'll admit was done in the shop by the staff. The other tent, mine, split the first time I zipped it up.

To look at them they are perfect for me as I do a lot of cycle camping which means I really have to keep the weight down. When the tent is erected it looks like a limpet. They are very low profile.

I took them both back to the shop I bought them from and they provided me with an immediate refund. I then bought two Vango Banshee 200 tents which are worth every penny spent. You can tell the difference in quality as soon as you open the bag. The Vango Banshee weighs a little more and stands a little higher but you'll not regret buying it.

Trebz

Tents, in my opinion should be the best you can afford, or even push the boat out and skint yourself out on one better.
    20 odd years ago my wife and I spent a cold and uncomfortable night at the bottom of Tryfan in a tent unsuitable for the conditions. Soon after I bought a Wild Country (now Terranova) Trisar +.

Tents are your haven in the wild, you could have a real pig of a day but knowing you will be able to spend the night warm and dry can be a boost to your moral.

Here is my tent about 20 years ago wild camping in the Rhinog mountains..(funnily enough I still use that Trangia and waterbottle)

and this photo 20 odd years later used on a 90 mile canoe trip, wild camping along the way in Scotland..

Good gear is expensive but in the end it's worth it.

Cheers
    Tim
    "Travel a thousand miles by train and you are a brute;
    pedal five hundred on a bicycle and you remain basically a bourgeois;
    paddle a hundred in a canoe and you are already a child of nature."

Moderator & Poshcrafter™ Martin's Avatar
    -Tim-, I couldn't agree more. I bought a Terra Nova Laser about five years ago and couldn't be happier with it. Lightweight and brilliantly designed. Cost a lot of money when I bought it but I honestly can't remember how much and I don't miss the money now. However, I love it every time I get to sleep in the tent.

Buy cheap, buy twice!! Beware.

Martin
    Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy.